Honored Contributor

Yes, and most often it doubles as our dinner table, although I prefer to eat at the actual dinner table, but then I would be eating alone.

I don't consider a coffee table clutter.  Of course, if one doesn't keep it clean the yes it could gather clutter.  Our's has a storage drawer so everything goes in there.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

If you dont have a coffee table in front of your couch what do you put your feet up on?

@Imaoldhippie    I wouldn't dare put my feet on my coffee table.  It's a thick solid slab of oiled walnut that was made and signed by an artist in New Hope, Pa.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I love my coffee table.  It's a small French farm house table, about 150 years old.  

I keep catalogs, candles, tv controls as well as a Lladro

angel kneeling.

Honored Contributor

Yes..

Honored Contributor

It is sitting off to the side right now. I really could go without one.

Respected Contributor

Our family never used coffee tables. . .I never have desired one.

Esteemed Contributor

Yep, large rectangle glass top with lower shelf on casters so easy to move.

Coffee, cold beverage and sometimes a snack or popcorn. No books, plastic flowers or kitsch. Usually just candle and wood matches.

Showing it's age but haven't seen any contenders for replacement yet.

Valued Contributor
I'm big into using what I already have or family pieces. When I redid the living room, the coffee table that was in there previously no longer looked right with the new space layout, new wall color & other pieces I put in there (some new & some from other parts of the home). I ended up temporarily using a piano bench we had for many many years in another room (got rid of the piano but held onto the bench because we loved it). I was going to get it professionally refinished, but the longer it sits there, the more I love the "wear & tear" of it! Plus the top lifts up for storage. Ingenious in my eyes! lol
Esteemed Contributor

My living room is small but I do have a small coffee table.  It's only used to hold a square vase full of rattan type balls and an extremely old family Bible.  Other than that, it's not used....but then my sofa rarely gets used either.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown