Respected Contributor

Re: cast/wrought iron doormat

Amazon seems to have them. Some prices are fairly high.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/21/2014 misspammie said:
On 5/21/2014 GoodStuff said:

No thanks. Incredibly heavy.......and wouldn't it rust?! I do have a lattice-style front doormat made of a rubbery material that has the <em>look</em> of wrought iron. Much better, I'm thinking.

betcha I have the same one. WANT the real!!

Then you should go for it! Personally, I'm perfectly happy with the lighter, more-easily-moved-to-clean-under, rust-proof fake version. I think I bought mine at Home Depot, and it really looks rather nice.

Super Contributor

On 5/21/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

Amazon seems to have them. Some prices are fairly high.

yes they are!

i was reading the reviews for one that was $19.99 - which was a dead giveaway that it was not worth it! - and the people complained about how it was NOT a door mat at all. more like a small wall hanging!

i saw some one on frontgate or grandin road a couple years ago and the price was very expensive!!!! around $170.00! i want REAL cast or wrought iron but i know i do not have to pay those prices for it.

Super Contributor

On 5/21/2014 GoodStuff said:

No thanks. Incredibly heavy.......and wouldn't it rust?! I do have a lattice-style front doormat made of a rubbery material that has the <em>look</em> of wrought iron. Much better, I'm thinking.

betcha I have the same one. WANT the real!!

don't settle for one of the "rubber/wrought iron" then miss pammie! you will not be happy with a substitute. i kept looking and it took me a couple of years but it was worth the wait!

i have a large rubber one on the patio and it is just not the same! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} can't wait to replace it with a real one!!

Super Contributor

shesall, I was perfectly pleased with my fake one, UNTIL YOU ENLIGHTENED ME!! I somehow always have some weird thing that I'm hunting for. I've searched for years for certain things bound and determined to find it (of course, can't remember what it was now). The hunt is part of the fun. I'll keep my eye out for this new elusive item! Thanks!!!

Super Contributor

shesall, I was perfectly pleased with my fake one, UNTIL YOU ENLIGHTENED ME!! I somehow always have some weird thing that I'm hunting for. I've searched for years for certain things bound and determined to find it (of course, can't remember what it was now). The hunt is part of the fun. I'll keep my eye out for this new elusive item! Thanks!!!

{#emotions_dlg.w00t} oh dear! i have unleashed the kraken!!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

i am the same way misspammie - i am always looking for something that i just have to have!!! i won't be happy until i have it. like you i will search and search until i find it - that is why i know you will not be happy with the rubber doormat if you have your heart set on wrought iron! and yes the hunt is all part of the fun!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} i hope you find one soon! good luck!