Esteemed Contributor

Re: cascade advanced detergent pods

Cascade pods never worked for me. I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher that is only 3 years old. It came with Cascade. I switched to Finish and saw a big difference in the glasses and the silverwear. There was also a tip to never use the gel pods. It also stated not to put the pod in the dishwasher and let it sit before starting the machine. Interesting, since it does have a 4 hour time delay. I never use that cycle . The other product that it include was Affresh dishwasher cleaner. Who knew about this stuff? I buy mine at BBB with a coupon. This makes a difference with the strainer getting clogged or working properly. Hope this helps you.

Respected Contributor

somethings not right then. i dont have a top of line dw. mine is in the middle. all i do is wipe any food off dishes with a fork and load them in dw without rinsing at all and everything comes out nice and clean on normal cycle. what brand dishwasher do you have? mine is a maytag.

Respected Contributor

i had my pods not totally disolve and its allways because soap door is some what blocked by something. my silverwhare basket is infront so if i have long serving utensels close to door they will block pod from totally dropping and disolving. if you have this problem once in awhile then something is blocking detergent dispencer. good luck.

Trusted Contributor

My dishwasher was not cleaning that well so I was actually looking at new ones.

I was talking to the appliance guy at HD and he told me to make sure I turned the faucet on until the water got hot.

When the water comes in at first, it is cold and does not clean the dishes as well.

I went home and tried that method and it works like a charm! HOT water!

I like the Powerballs because I cannot use powder. If you have a septic system, you can't use powder because it creates a thick layer in the tank.