Esteemed Contributor

Re: can move back into house---finally!!!!!!

@wagirl , what an awful experience!  So happy you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I would feel displaced and out of sorts the entire time.  I love being home!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl 

I'm reading your post on damage and trying to imagine all that mess!

So sorry it has gone on so long.  I would be out of my mind.

We live in the woods, and this is worry...trees falling.  The only thing my husband tells me is they are so close to the house, they likely would not do much damage.

That is likely true, but I hope I never have to find out.  Most trees that have fallen just end up leaning into the roof.

What a terrible ordeal...and almost a year to get back to normal.  Yikes! 

Respected Contributor

I remember when you posted when the tree first fell on the house! I'm sure that must have been terribly scary, I can't even imagine.

I am glad to hear that it is almost over and that you will be able to move back soon and get back to normal. I"m sure you must be thrilled!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman---Hi !  We built this house in 1986 and in all that time---have never had a tree fall, even in a few of our pretty bad windstorms. Have had branches fly by and maybe hit the garage but NEVER actually on the house---and it wasn't up rooted from soggy ground it snapped off. We have a salmon creek that runs thru our property and that is where it lives. Was straight and no bug damage and was not rotten-, the diaeter of it that was in the room was 45"---and really, it wasn't that windy!! But with 2 1/2 acres, there are so many more huge tall trees that are scaring me to death---I guess if we had an extra million or 2 $$, we could prob cut them down ------yah, right Woman Mad and then we had months of fighting with insurance on top of it---been paying in for decades with no claims until now, and it was like they were paying out of their pockets!!! will be researching new ins too.

Yes---2019 has been giving me a whoopin'   but I am still standing, dog gone it!!!!