Respected Contributor

Thank you again for all suggestions.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I bought an OCedar mop just for the bathtub.  It has a white plastic wringer on it so it's easy to get water out.  It works great.

I bought a brush with a long handle at BB&B especially for the tub.  The mop works much better for me. 

Respected Contributor

I use a long handle bar for the shower and tub that comes with a scrubbing sponge on the end. They are replaceable. I bought it on amazon many years ago. Works well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

We keep our shower dried down after we shower so it's easier to keep it clean. DH cleans the tub. 

Fuller Brush sells a Tub & Shower E-Z Scrubber. It has a telescoping pole. They also sell a replacement scrubber brush for it. Q used to sell it but it's not available. Google search to see who has the best price for one.

bathtub-brush.jpg

I got one similar to this in an auto shop to wash my cars. Now, I also use it to wash my windows and for the shower. Super !!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I have that fuller brush one that was showed,i love it,had it for several years.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Occasional Contributor

I think for cleaning your bath tub you can try DIY methods such as, sprinkle the tub with baking soda and spray on the vinegar-and-water solution. After that scrub with a soft cloth or sponge until a paste forms. Let the paste sit for 15 minutes, then wipe and rinse.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

"Quickie shower tub and tile scrubber" on Amzn, perhaps? Long-handled, battery operated, I believe.

Quickie has some good brushes.  I'd check their website, both Bath and Kitchen sections, to see if anything would work.

Honored Contributor

I take a bath with SSS bath oil every day so the tub MUST be cleaned  daily or it would be very slippery. I use a magic eraser and a splash of Mr Clean. I have a bad back but I can manage if I hold on to the far side of the tub with one hand and scrub with the other, then I push myself back up with the hand I used to scrub with.

Honored Contributor

That is what Molly Maids is for. 

Respected Contributor

When I was having knee trouble, I found that my old loofah -- one that came mounted to a long handle -- worked for the tub and shower. I would spray with kaboom or another cleaner and use the handled loofah.