Honored Contributor

Re: are you getting any Queen Elizabeth II memorabilia?

Definitely not.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We own 2-one that states the coronation that never occurred (Edward VII) and a dish that announces the engagment of Elizabeth to Phillip.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

We own 2-one that states the coronation that never occurred (Edward VII) and a dish that announces the engagment of Elizabeth to Phillip.

@Group 5 minus 1 

The first thing I thought of was "hmm ... now THAT might be worth something on Ebay".  LOL   Woman LOL  

Maybe not.  

Honored Contributor

I just don't collect such things.  I need to get rid of stuff, rather than add to it.  I admired her and won't forget her, however.

Honored Contributor

No. I think my mom actually had something, but I don't remember what or know where it is. Since I was my mom's only survivor it could be in a box somewhere. 

And I do have the Jubilee edition of the book Queen Elizabeth's dresser wrote that  @lmt told us about. I ordered it directly from England. I honestly wondered if I would ever get it, but it came in a timely manner.

And the tea house DD and I visit has a room full of royal memorabilia. 

Esteemed Contributor

Nope.  Only if she were my mom or granny, and since she isn't I can't imagine having any "reminders" of her in my home.  Maybe if I were British??

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

None for me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

No, though she was an important person in history she was not "our" queen, she was England's queen.  Therefore I think it's much more fitting for them to have something to remember her by.  I was disappointed that almost as soon as the funeral ended HSN was selling coins with her on them, I like HSN but thought it was tacky Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the reminders.....holidays are coming and I've often given In Memoriam gifts to causes.

So this year my food donation to our local no kill shelter will be in memory of The Queen and her adorable Corgis. Smiley Happy

Our shelter will regift excess pet food donations to those in need.

Trusted Contributor

Not at all.  It will only sit around and collect dust.  Most items won't be worth much at all.

People like to flood eBay with their clutter after a death hoping to make a buck.  They were probably holding onto stuff waiting for her to die, sadly.