Super Contributor

Re: and how are you using colors when you make things?

@qualitygal wrote:

@zanna Oh I just came across those this last week.  How cute are those!!! I copied off some free patterns and I need to make a list of the things I want to accomplish in getting good enough to make some really great ones.

I'm learning a lot  from UTube and on line.  Love this!!! 

@qualitygal There are some fantastic knitting and crochet how-to/demos on YouTube.  There are some terrible ones, too. Smiley Frustrated Fortunately, there are lots to choose from. I found a wonderful, friendly yarn shop nearby and spent 3 hours on a Saturday morning with an experienced instructor (only paid for 1 hrs, the rest was sitting in the "knitting circle" where I could signal for help when needed).  After that, I was off and running!  I used the Boot Candy pattern for my boot toppers - had to learn to make cables, which is fun once you get the hang of it.  That pattern is available on Ravelry.com for $3.  Ravelry.com is an awesome website for kitting and crocheting, by the way. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@zanna,   Yes, I know about Ravelry now too.  It's great.  Thank you.  

The Cables, I don't know about those.  In time I guess. lOL

Honored Contributor

I don't knit or crochet, I quilt.

They say there are "rules" for choosing fabrics.  You should have a light, medium and dark color and a small, medium and large print.

I don't follow the rules, I do what is pleasing to my eye.

I don't know if this is an actual quilting rule or not but I always use an odd number of fabrics when I'm planning it out.