Honored Contributor

Your local furniture stores that you like. ??

What's a good place to shop for furniture where you live, you know, a good buy?  Possibly a place that covers more than just your area/state.

Honored Contributor

Re: Your local furniture stores that you like. ??

Bob's Discount.  Not in every state but good quality, reasonable prices.

Honored Contributor

Wayfair

Honored Contributor

Ashley Furniture

I got a dining room table and a sleigh bed and both real wood and great price and they put it together. Also nice, responsive cutomer service.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

American Furniture Warehouse and a number of stores that deal in one of a kind hand made furniture in Cave Creek Arizona, Big Bronco and Out West Interiors are just two in Cave Creek. Plus we have Steiners Amish Furniture where I'm getting my new bedroom furniture from sometime between November and January. It's taking 6-8 months for them to make it. I wouldn't  call any of them other than American Furniture Warehouse a "good buy" but if you want one of a kind, unique, quality, southwest, hand crafted furniture those are where I go. 

Honored Contributor

We buy mostly from Mathis Brothers.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Ashley Furniture

I got a dining room table and a sleigh bed and both real wood and great price and they put it together. Also nice, responsive cutomer service.

I like Ashley Furniture but in my area that are known for terrible delliery service.  Bought a sectional and when it was delivered, it was different pieces of different sectionals.  Also bought adjustable bed and frames from there.  Bought the wrong ones, wouldn't take old mattress even though it was specifically on my order form.  I remember going back to the store to try to get things straightened out and there was a line of people trying to do the same.  

Respected Contributor

I like Haverty's.  They've always been a bit more on the expensive side but now it's just too expensive for me anymore.

Respected Contributor

Weir's Furniture in Dallas is my long-time favorite. They offer beautiful furniture in a variety of price points. The last time I was there they had a clearance store, but I am not certain it is still operational.

We live in West Texas, but bought much of our furniture from Weir's and Freed's (no longer in business). We rented a truck and brought it to our new home ourselves.

My favorite store in New Mexico is Casa Decor in Ruidoso, NM. It specializes in Mexican primitive furniture, but they have decorative accessories and furnishings that blend with any type of decorating. Their prices are excellent and very affordable. If you are ever in the area, I would recommend stopping to see what they offer. 

Super Contributor

@qualitygal @I bought two pin striped couches at Boscov's. They're blue, tan, and cream, and I love them and they've held up well. Also got a discount for opening a charge there.