Honored Contributor

Re: Your favorite art piece displayed in your home

[ Edited ]

Oil hay cart

Sorry for the quality - small oil purchased in Provence - there is a happy

little child purched up on top of the hay rack.

Allie

Pastel of our first Labrador

japanese woodblock

Japanese woodblock 

@jeanlake 

what an interesting thread

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

Kachina, I love your painting but I REALLY love your peachy pink wall!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I had a lot of white walls to fill up when I moved here 24 years ago. 
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Valued Contributor

Also, Romero Britto lived in my neighborhood and his son went to the school where I taught. He gave each teacher a signed poster addressed to the teacher! Unfortunately, he did not use permanent marker and after all these years, signature wore off!

image.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I travel, I always collect at least one piece of local art.  I also have a friend who is the resident artist of St. Martin and have many of his pieces throughout my home.  However, my favorite piece of art, and one that takes center stage in my family room, is the framed "original" of Darcy and Happy's paw prints.  Priceless to me.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

My son painted this family portrait of us for my Christmas gift, depicting us as animals. It will always be my favorite. 389A1019-025D-48E3-A258-A787E145C6A8.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Once again - I love your artwork. Hope we continue to post our art in HOME when we find new treasures. Sometimes you walk past a piece and stop in your tracks. I don't put a lot on my walls, but do love the sentimental wall art I have. When I'm home, I'll post another favorite that goes where I go. It hangs in my dining room and is simply a pitcher on a table with wild flowers, lace and tea cups. I keep a red accented kitchen just to blend in with the pitcher in this print. Once again, I was on vacation and kept returning to an antique shop in Hendersonville, NC to glance at their framed artwork. We were a young couple with small children and money was tight. Hubs bought a print and had it shipped home. Surprised me on Mother's Day. When we moved 3 years ago, hubs suggested we update our dining room art. I said -- Nevah! I love this.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau