Honored Contributor

Re: Your favorite art piece displayed in your home

@nzn wrote:

Thank you for this delightful thread.  This lithograph by Willering Epko is one of our favorites.   We purchased it many years ago after having visited the Baltimore Art Museum which has a wonderful Matisse collection.    My "Matisse period."

@nzn   I love this!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

Thank you all for sharing your favorite art pieces . They are all exceptional . I also have many art pieces that I treasure . I always say that my history is in my home . What we have collected is our live's and memories . We have all worked hard to achieve and appreciate .

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

A framed giclee on canvas of "Sarah" by Nancy Noël (who passed away last year of cancer) that I bought in 1991 on my dining room wall:

Image result for nancy noel sarah

@aubnwa01 

I have always adored this picture!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@jeanlake 

Your picture is lovely .. & timeless.  I would never tire of looking at it.

Respected Contributor

l have a Maxwell Mays picture of downtown Providence in the early 19 hundreds. He is well known in New England. The picture shows men in a horse and buggy bringing goods to sell to the market. My Dad was one of them. He sold produce from the family farm. Very special to me.

Respected Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Do you have a favorite wall art original,  print or item displayed in your home? My treausre is a Paul Landry print we framed and have had for decades. On a road trip, hubs & I stopped at Amana Colonies. We saw a barn print in a shop and at the same time said -- 'looks like my grandfather's old barn.'  Being my birthday month, hubs ordered and shipped print to our home and surprised me on my birthday. Would love to hear about your art treasure.   Image result for landry artist barns

@jeanlake 

This is my favortie pic!..Just what I have been looking for & 

here it is!..You are very fortunate to have this, just beautiful..Heart

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

A framed giclee on canvas of "Sarah" by Nancy Noël (who passed away last year of cancer) that I bought in 1991 on my dining room wall:

Image result for nancy noel sarah

@aubnwa01 

I have always adored this picture!!!Smiley Happy

I had a cat at that time who looked just like the kitty in the picture, all white with gray & orange sooty looking markings on her head & tail.  I saw the picture in a gift shop on Capitol Hill in Seattle when I had a medical appt. & it stopped me in my tracks & I had to go back & buy it after my appt. was over, even though I'd never before spent that much for a piece of art. 

It wasn't until I later got my 1st computer in about 1998 or so that I was able to find out anything about N. A. Noël (Nancy Noël) the artist.  I have since gotten a couple of other prints of her work, including "Cat In Composition", which I got when she made one & only one appearance on QVC about 15-18 years ago.  (she said selling her work on TV just wasn't for her).

Honored Contributor

Temple rubbings that my parents brought back from Thailand.  My father framed them, and they hung in their house for years - now they're in my living room hanging over the sofa.

They're about 18" x 20".  One is black, the other is red .... my decor is black and red.

Respected Contributor

This is "Cat In Composition", which i have triple matted & framed & hanging above my bed.

Cat Laying on a Quilt Oil Painting Vintage Nancy Noel Art image 0

Respected Contributor

Have enjoyed reading about and seeing favourite art pieces.....

One of my favourite paintings was purchased on a trip (over 20 years ago) to Italy.....in Rome, at the top of the Spanish Steps.  There was a row of artists selling their paintings (unframed), as I approached I saw this oil painting hanging - something about it caught my attention.  I purchased it - the artist rolled it into a plastic tube with a shoulder strap so I had no trouble getting it home safely.  I had it framed - the frame was more expensive than the painting, which hangs in my living room.

26043003-D778-41E2-9037-BE13B957571B.jpeg