Respected Contributor

Re: Your favorite art piece displayed in your home

[ Edited ]

Here is one more canvas that was added after I purged most of my approximately 40 prints & paintings.  Wilbur the moose is in the family room, the laundry room succulent canvas previously shown and just a few more. 

lau1.jpg 

Honored Contributor

A Fenton artglass collection of over 300...also have several vintage/antique/depression pieces too. I love them all and can't pick out just one.

Honored Contributor

• Spoiler

I do have several prints that I adore!

The first is "The Strawberry Girl" which is an antique.   I got her in my late 20's. 

20210208_184015.jpg

The next is a signed print of a quilt.  It hangs above the couch.

20210208_184114.jpg

The last is an original done by a crafter.

The name is Witch Way.  I bought it when I felt like the woman in the picture. 20210208_184204.jpg

Honored Contributor

My mom bought this oil painting of the iconic monolith Shiprock in New Mexico with her first paycheck from her first teaching job.  Her parents were thoroughly disgusted.  It always hung in the living room of our home, over the fireplace when we had one, even when we lived in Pennsylvania. 

It is a 1600 ft high basalt volcanic core on the Navajo Nation in the Four Corners Area, and is considered sacred to the Indians.

Screenshot_20210208-173045_Chrome.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Thank you for this delightful thread.  This lithograph by Willering Epko is one of our favorites.   We purchased it many years ago after having visited the Baltimore Art Museum which has a wonderful Matisse collection.    My "Matisse period."

Respected Contributor

A framed giclee on canvas of "Sarah" by Nancy Noël (who passed away last year of cancer) that I bought in 1991 on my dining room wall:

Image result for nancy noel sarah

Esteemed Contributor

What a delight. Feel like I've visited an art museum. Thank you for sharing your treasures. You've convinced me -- art speaks to us. I have a round, large metal tree of life wall art in my hallway that will always be in my home. It's painted seafoam green. I'm giving my son a Terry Redlin framed print that was his favorite as a child. He bought a home and it's time for him to hang it in his home. It's a brother and sister fishing - summertime fishing.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

What a fun thread! 

This is one of my favorites by Michel Delacroix entitled "Cornerstone Farm". 

It is in my kitchen and I thoroughly enjoy looking at it throughout the day.

Image result for michel delacroix farm

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

I have several framed prints in my living room and among my favorites are 2 prints of paintings by Frida Kahlo.

2EA5746A-766D-4AF9-ACD6-5F2DE58A6B83.jpeg

FFD74611-227F-4174-94C1-BABB3FB1439F.jpeg

Honored Contributor

My dil is an artist. Several years ago she painted a picture of our newly built cottage on our lake with our cute little 1962 wooden boat parked at our dock. I LOVE it! Heart

"Pure Michigan"