Esteemed Contributor

Re: Your favorite art piece displayed in your home

A little print from 1562 is my favorite purchase from a long ago trip.  At the time the price took my breath away.

Told my DD to grab it if we evacuated and she nearly died from laugher 🤣

Guess I need to change the will 😂

Esteemed Contributor

A  boardwalk  charcoal  drawing of my GrandMother wearing a cloche hat from 1930 at a prominent beach  resort .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love seeing & reading about everybody’s favorites!

It’s really difficult for me to pick just one. One of my favorites is a Norman Rockwell teacher print. I taught school for 32 years before retiring due to health reasons & still miss teaching. I also love the oil painting of the first dog I ever owned painted by a friend of mine, and the horse sketch by Tony Oswald. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Honored Contributor

I have a vintage blue hobnail pitcher with 6 hobnail glasses set displayed on my glass top coffee table.  What makes it so special is that it was a wedding gift to my husband's parents, given by a great aunt dating back to the early 1900's.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

We have a copy of this by Renoir..Two Sisters on the Terrace....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have 2 that go with me everytime we have moved. I almost lost them once when they were left on the moving truck and it took a police officer to help me get them back!

They are only prints so not worth anything but they are to me!

a wolf from National Wildlife-a print I got at Michaels years ago and framed in a clear frame from Joann's (they used to have the best poster frames!)

I always hang it on the side of my bed-it makes me feel calm and comforted. He is covered in snow so he looks like a big white wolf! He looks very content and happy. I think this is the exact one-

Image result for pictures of arctic wolf covered in snow

Then there is Kylemore Abbey-this one has a little more of the abbey and less water than mine-I like mine the best.

@jeanlake -

What a great thread!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I have a painting done in pastels over my bed that I love.  Please overlook the glare at the bottom of the picture.  Of course, my very favorite is a painting of my dog that died last year, Frankie.

6BE7CF78-B3A9-41C6-8BF3-24FF9F72C90D.jpegD7B7C931-A676-461E-816D-8B4E0034583A_1_105_c.jpeg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jeanlake   I was fortunate to attend a presentation by Tasha Tudor before she passed away. She did fast pen sketches and sold them. 
  After her talk I asked her about her original water colors. I purchased a small one of her grandchildren at a dovecote. 
  I had the painting framed by a master framer in a large frame. It's in my living room.

I sent Tasha a photo of it framed and asked the names of the children. She sent a note telling me their names and the names of her corgis and chickens in the picture.

It was on an easel in a Victoria magazine showing her with it. She said it hadn't been published. I don't know if it has since.

I have willed it to my granddaughter who loves it!

👫 🕊 🪶 🖼  ✉️ 📖

Honored Contributor

I have three old oil paintings which were my mother's, one a landscape, one of the Mediterranean, and one of a young girl feeding sheep.  They are on my living room wall and mean much to me.

For many years I went to the art/craft show at the Village in Manhattan.  Among my purchases was a lovely painting of a young girl stooping in a stream surrounded by woods.  It reminded me of my country summer home and the stream in the area.  My closest friend and her family lived in a log cabin and I decided to give her the painting since it fit the home decor.  Until she passed the picture hung on a wall where you immediately saw it.  She loved it.  After her passing her daughter offered me the painting and I have it hanging in my dining room.  It is the one I treasure because it always reminds me of my dear friend of over 55 years.

Esteemed Contributor

My mother in law left us a very heavy piece of maurano glass from Venice. It is called the Bubble. I always admired it. It's clear glass and so unique with a bubble in it.