Honored Contributor

Re: Yikes...and I thought I was a great housekeeper...😯😯😯

I have a hoover steam mop ,like it so much i bought a second one for my basement.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1

I have a Bissell steamer I purchased a few months ago.  Mostly for the LVL I had installed in our bathroom.  I like to detach it from the mop part & use the brush for cleaning those deeper crevices in the pattern.  Nothing I tried before worked without getting on my knees.  But, you're right, it really picks up everything.

Honored Contributor

I always dampen the steam mop pads a little before cleaning my floors. Seems to help clean the floor better than using just dry pads.

Honored Contributor

My first round of company is getting ready to leave tomorrow & the next arrive the following morning. (All family so I don't need to be too OCD).

Today, someone dropped a glass of soda on the floor.  No problem, got our steamer after mopping up with microfiber towel.  Before I used the steamer I sprayed the floor with vinegar solution...it took all the sticky"ness" off the floor.

My friend gave me this tip & also about using the small scrub brush for my older tile in the bathroom.

@SilleeMee

thank you for the suggestion🙂

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  Washing your floor on your hands and knees.....I am impressed. I stopped doing that many years ago but it is the best way.

Valued Contributor

I despised my steamer I bought from QVC some years ago and was going to send it back. It has what seems like a mile long heavy cord on it and just seemed awkward to use. But, my husband used it and loved it and how it cleans. So now, he gets the job of steam cleaning the tile kitchen floor. It does do a good job. When I want to give the floor a cleaning I drag out my spinner mop and bucket. It is kind of fun to use.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Kachina624  hmmm...I would assume mine is sealed - it's been down 30+years....but it there a way to know for sure?

@Mom2Dogs 

Age has little if anything to do with whether wood floors are sealed or not. 

Keepin' it real.