Honored Contributor

Yikes...and I thought I was a great housekeeper...😯😯😯

I had porcelain tile wood like floors installed and figured my Don Aslett microfiber mop would do the job! I noticed the grout lines were darkening & residual water in grout lines.

I purchased a bissell steamer back in November but today I finally used it...I was shocked how dirty the pad was from just my foyer & bathrooms😮.  then I did my kitchen/dr area omg disgusting!!!

I truly am shocked how dirty my floors were especially I wipe up every other day with DA mop with cold water.  

Boy that steamer really opened my eyes! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Yikes...and I thought I was a great housekeeper...😯😯😯

The first few times I used my Bissel steamer, I was shocked how dirty the pad was. I immediately went out and bought more pads for the steamer. But my kitchen floor gets quite a workout. Between my husband and his hiking, my son and his biking and the dog and my husband walk everyday in the park.

But I was still shocked at how dirty the floor must have been to get the pad as dirty as it was. In fact I think you prompted me to steam my kitchen floor tonight. Thanks. It is good to know I am not the only one to have the same reaction.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1.   I  have always wanted to buy a steamer - maybe I should...I still get on my hands and knees to do floors....do you know if the steemer can be used on hardwood as well?

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  Well I'm not a good housekeeper, I admit it.  But I have several of the steam cleaners and you are right, they are amazing!

I use them on everything.  I could go over the various floors (tile, linoleum, wood, etc) and they always over and over get up dirt.

I really recommend them.  They can be used on some wooden floors.  Depends on the wooden floors.  I have wood in my foyer.  The installer said I could use the steam cleaner.  I have and it's never messed up the wood.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@homedecor1.   I  have always wanted to buy a steamer - maybe I should...I still get on my hands and knees to do floors....do you know if the steemer can be used on hardwood as well?

@Mom2Dogs   I think they say use on sealed hardwood.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  hmmm...I would assume mine is sealed - it's been down 30+years....but it there a way to know for sure?

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs

yes my friends have hardwood floors & this Bissell has instructions how to do hardwood floors.

Esteemed Contributor

I love my Bissell steam mop, which I think is different from what many of you have.  It comes with two covers, one for smooth surfaces and one for surfaces like the tile in my sunroom, which is not smooth.  It hangs on the staircase going to the basement and it is always ready to go.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I love my Haan steamer.  We have vinyl and hardwood, and a dog, and it takes no time at all for the mud and crud to show.

I have to admit - my foyer is a bit dim and the wood is dark - sometimes I just figure what I can't see, I don't see . . .

I do run the vac frequently, though!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

We don't wear shoes inside--ever, and the floor still gets dirty.  Dust falls.....just as it does on your furniture.

I use a steamer and change the pads mid-room.  My kitchen is tiny---still change the pad 2 times.  

No sense steam mopping a floor with a filthy pad.

I use it on hardwoods too, but not every week.  

Before I steam mop, I vacuum, they drymop (with a real drymop, not a swiffer type pad) and then I steam mop.

No carpet in my homes.