Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Yet another Luminara Candle Thread with a Plea to QVC

On 10/9/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 10/9/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 10/9/2014 grandma c said:

Geraldine, have you found the Luminara Glitter candles? I absolutely love them. Thanks!!

Luminara sells them on their own website. Once on their site, use the search box in the upper right and search for "glitter" and they come right up. They also have free shipping at $60.

That is not Luminara's website...it's just a retailer that bought them wholesale. I found that out when I called Luminara Corp office about the 15" Churchill Lantern and asked where I could get it...

All the rep said was try looking at all the stores online that I already did...UGH! {#emotions_dlg.angry}

You're right! Thanks for pointing that out - I had no idea.

Honored Contributor

Oh, Luminara has posted on their Facebook page that Luminara candles will be in Bed, Bath & Beyond stores by mid-October and in time for gift-giving!

Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

Oh, Luminara has posted on their Facebook page that Luminara candles will be in Bed, Bath & Beyond stores by mid-October and in time for gift-giving!

YAY! Good to know...thanks for the info!

I had checked on their website earlier this week and they aren't available. I had called our local stores today and they had no info.

I'm glad I got the sizes/colors/#'s I needed. If BB&B have them locally in our store later this month, I'll check the price/colors and might get a couple of 5" ivory/white ones. Using the 20% off or $5 off $20 coupons will help too. I think it will depend on whether or not Luminara will be back on the Q and the Churchill lanterns will return. My heart is still set on 2 of the cream ones. I'm probably just dreaming at this point...lol Smile

Occasional Contributor

I read that Bethleham Lights bought the Luminara brand. Hopefully they will bring it back to QVC. If not, QVC is missing out on a lot of sales. I have a car and a coupon, so Kohl's and Bed Bath and Beyond here I come. QVC, if you read this ... are you bring Luminara flameless candles back before Christmas??? Signed - A loyal shopper.
Occasional Contributor

I just visited the BB&B website and they are selling Luminara under the brand name Candle Impressions ""Mirage"". Only thing I can figure is the patten expired on the technology so they will be popping up under different brand names. Has anyone else heard what's going on?
Contributor

I also found these candles at Marshalls. They also had some candle impressions on the shelf.

Not applicable

Look on the Walmart website to find Luminara candles.
Trusted Contributor

Zulily has "Mystique" candles that are just like the Luminara on special today:

http://www.zulily.com/invite/lblum621

When you get to the site, type in "Mystique" many colors and sizes. Metallic and plain ivory too.

Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 RedHeadedWench said:

Zulily has "Mystique" candles that are just like the Luminara on special today:

http://www.zulily.com/invite/lblum621

When you get to the site, type in "Mystique" many colors and sizes. Metallic and plain ivory too.

I took a look. They take 2 AA batteries that go for 120 hours. Luminara take 2 D and go for 500 hours. Not bad looking though. Christmasltd.com has some in basic colors and some interesting ones covered in burlap.
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/15/2014 Red Pepper said: I just visited the BB&B website and they are selling Luminara under the brand name Candle Impressions "Mirage". Only thing I can figure is the patten expired on the technology so they will be popping up under different brand names. Has anyone else heard what's going on?

The Mirage candle has been available for a while now. It is a completely separate brand and technology as far as I know.

Here is a Youtube video of the Candle Impressions Mirage candle in action. It is from a couple of years ago. Unless the Mirage candles have been changed since then, the tip does not move. There are two alternating lights down inside the wax that shine onto the tip. One of the other posters here ordered one, and described it as I did above, except in more detail. She did not like the flame effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ePfJn0Uqnc

HTH.