Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yellow Rooms? 👍 or 👎🏻

I love yellow and I love how it's used in all of those pictures.  I'm especially fond of a yellow/white combination.  

Honored Contributor

I like pale yellow..not too bright. The first 3 rooms are very pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

These are all wonderful rooms, but that first one really is my favorite. A subtle yellow is so cheerful, especially in a kitchen, family room and sun room.

Respected Contributor

Like picture two and four. I think yellow is a happy color. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use daffodils in Spring decorating, and sunflowers for summer....and thats about all the yellow I have in my home.....

I do like the way the rooms are decorated in yellow---the first one is my favorite.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Love the first 3 pics, bright & cheery.  While they each have their own personality, I'd be very comfy in all of them.  

The last one not so much.  The color doesn't lean yellow to me, but more of a peachy color (which I also like) but I'm just not as crazy with the style.

And, yes I do love various shades of yellow, depends on the room setting.  My sunroom is a pale yellow.  

Honored Contributor

I love yellow.  When I painted my whole house 10+ years ago I did different shades of yellow.

I did a beautiful yellow that was a Martha Stewart color that was a beautiful cream during the day and a deeper yellow at night.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

No yellow for me.  As I see it, bananas and corn are lucky I allow them in the house.  

Esteemed Contributor

Our smallest bedroom is my office (I work from home) it is a bright yellow.  It was also bright yellow as my youngest son's nursery. 

Respected Contributor

yellow rooms and decor was prominent in the late1960s until around 1980. I do miss those styles.

Annotation 2020-05-17 211904.png