Honored Contributor

Yellow Rooms? 👍 or 👎🏻

Do you like and use the color yellow in your home?

I like yellow. It’s so happy, sunny, and cheerful.

From my childhood through teens my bedroom was painted bright yellow. I also had a huge multi colored floral bedspread with yellow flowers in it. Very 70s groovy! 

Now I prefer more subtle shades of yellow. I don’t have much yellow in my house right now because my DH does not like the color. Maybe one day I can change his mind. 

Here are some photos of yellow rooms I found on the Internet that I like. 

99AFDD30-5654-4673-8434-53A8339DEABA.jpeg

77056D41-6981-4D7F-9EB8-FECA926FBCA7.jpeg

BB6A822D-7F4D-42BD-92E2-4723CF8C9B62.jpeg

8466FC14-9E6F-4514-81B4-B27CED1EEA2C.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yellow Rooms? 👍 or 👎🏻

Nope. Not a fan of yellow anything. 

Trusted Contributor

👍🏼Absolutely. I use a color called Ancient Scroll and it's a bit paler than this and I adore it. It's quite a neutral color without with out being some type of ivory or beige. Anyway yes I am a fan for sure.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like a soft, muted yellow; not one that SCREAMS yellow.  The first picture is nice; the yellow wall is pretty.  The last picture...no.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Yes I love different hues of yellow but not too much.  I like the way it is used in the rooms shown.  I love some yellow in my kitchen makes me feel happy looks good in pic with white chairs around table.

Honored Contributor

I like the yellow rooms, they are bright and cheerful. I hate blue for home decorating, it's a good thing there are lots of colors and styles to suit everyone.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@wilma   👍

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

I too like a yellow painted room as long as its not "canary" yellow! That yellow is too much bright. I do like the first photographe.

In fact, the sitting room in my house in Athens is painted between yellow and cream (I dont know how to describe the colour). I remodelled the house two years ago.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

I love the combination of yellow and green.  These rooms look so elegant, fresh and inviting.  The only thing I did not like were the chandeliers (sp?).  Other than that, I would move into those rooms in a heartbeat.

Respected Contributor

Yellow is my favorite color! I think all of these rooms look beautiful. I have two soft yellow chairs in my loft and they are gorgeous!! I think when you go with the softer tones of yellow they really are welcoming and just make you smile. Bright yellows can be overpowering. Soft yellows are also great because you can add deep rich colors to them and just make a room pop!!