Honored Contributor

Re: Yellow Accents in the Living Room...

Although this room is yellow, sunny, and bright, I don't get a warm feeling.  It feels more cool and a bit stiff to me.   

Honored Contributor

I doin't care for the bright yellow in this room. It's just too bright and hard on the eyes. All the yellow items look like bright lights to me.

The room would look much nicer with the pretty blue that is used on the mantle or more of a sage green plus I think life needs to be added to the room in the form of greenery.

Honored Contributor

Interesting..... it's my least favorite color ever!  Found that out in our first house, as it had a yellow kitchen.  I hated to be in there, therefore I didn't like to cook.  Realized color was an important factor and redid the kitchen in soft blue.  Loved the kitchen after that and my whole attitude changed.  It was for me, at that time, a very important realization. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Upon enlarging the photo, I noted the sofa too, which appears sort of beige on my screen, is actually also a soft butter yellow and is very pretty. I like yellow, but do agree, it can be hard to use and hard to live with. It also doesn't flatter everyone, but I still think this is an attractive room.

It's that soft, buttery yellow sofa which I like so much.  My favorite object in the room!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Mostly netural but with yellow lampshades, curtains and a pretty urn on the coffee table.

image01.jpg

@stevieb 

Very nice, formal sitting room.  I like everything but the curtains and the jardiniere.  I think curtains/draperies should be same or near same as carpet and I would like to see some greenery or some blue pieces in the room, maybe a footbath of blue and ivory with a live plant.  It's lovely otherwise.  

Respected Contributor

I would need to wear my sunglasses in this room and I'm not kidding either.  My favorite item is the mirror even though it just reflects more yellow...Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

While I don't object to yellow at all in a room, these hits of yellow are, for me, too jarring against what seems to be a muted, beige background-- there doesn't seem to be a compatibility.   Room feels a bit stiff to me, but with minor changes could be welcoming.

I agree @Oznell ,  they are opposite in tones.  Too vivid for the softer yellow/gold.

Honored Contributor

Makes me think of my old Viewmaster showing the Yellow Room in the WH.

Honored Contributor

mth.Re: Yellow Accents in the Living Room...

This room seens a bit stiff.

There is no pattern or warmth.  Way too bland.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Jaundiced is the word that comes to me while looking at this picture.

@RedTop YES YES YES!!!!