Trusted Contributor

Re: YSL Marrakech Library- Villa Oasis

Whew!! 👀👀
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

I doubt that YSL worried about dusting anything.  lol

@RoughDraft. That's why he was YSL and we aren't.  He had an eye and a taste for fabulous that I doubt anyone else in this or the last century even came close to!

This library is to me a real feast for the eye. The blending of colors is superb, the detail, all of the shapes and movement and things to look at.  And every inch of it has something new to see but it all blends and flows.

It's not for me to live in, but to me it's great art. And I love those colors.  His designs and clothes were all about color and depth and the exotic.  It was a special time and place back then.  

I'd think for someone not around during those years, that whole era with the clothes and the lavish styles is unimaginable and would be difficult to relate to.  It's like fabulous palaces and Versailles and designs from other centuries and ways of life. 

Respected Contributor

Overkill with design....no chance for anything to stand out....way too busy!

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono   I absolutely adore it.  Reminds me of some of my "pretend mansions" when I was a little girl.  It reminds me of the Xanadu poem.

What an artistic soul was Yves St. Laurent.

Respected Contributor

I would love to live in this home part time.

Super Contributor

This one of the rare instances where I can't make up my mind on whether I like this or just don't.

So let's see things I love - The ceiling, archway, and those colorful, beads-tassel chairs and also the cute round side table beside them.

Things I would definitely change - The rugs have to be one solid color can bear any more patterns and colors, the chandelier needs to be less ornate, no to the table by the wall and maybe less of gold-framed pictures.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's where too much is not enough  ... what an awful configuration ... a melting pot gone amuck!