Respected Contributor

Re: YC Scenterpiece Easy meltcup?

I'm intrigued by this new line of warmers. I have been a long time Gold Canyon fan for years & have 3 of their melters that have a 4 hr or 8 hr timer feature that I absolutely love. Their pods have a fabulous throw ( can also be used up to 6-12 times) with excellent choices to choose from. I'll have to check out my local YC & BBB stores. Some of the new YC warmers are beautiful & would love to see in person.
Valued Contributor

On 9/17/2014 KJPA said:
On 9/17/2014 mallemo said:

So how is the wax melted in this warmer, bulb or just a heat element?

It's a heat element but doesn't get overly warm. The outer part of the unit doesn't get hot either. You don't have to replace a light bulb to warm the wax which is a huge bonus. I have lots of Scentsy warmers and I love them too but the bulbs are a pain. I buy them at Home Depot but often they go bad as soon as I turn them on the first time! I'm sick of buying bulbs. But with this new Scenterpiece you don't have to worry with that.

The more expensive models have a light in them and I'm sure that takes some kind of bulb but haven't looked to see what kind. It doesn't have anything to do with warming the wax though.

I'm not sure my meltcups are lasting 100 hours but they definitely last a lot longer than 5. I think the clerks even say they last at least 24 hrs. So if a candle lasts maybe 120 hours (just to make it easy to calculate) but costs $28 that's like paying $5 for every 24 hours anyway. And you can set the more expensive version on a timer. And you don't have to worry about a flame.

I have also popped out the old wax and put a regular tart in the plastic cup. It doesn't fragrance as well as the meltcup wax (supposedly the tarts don't contain as much fragrance) but it works fine in a small area like my home office.

I love mine. Got the light wood looking one and the blue vine one with the timer and light!!

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know what wattage they are melting at?

Honored Contributor

I can't wait to try one..I have so many melters right now though from Scentsy, I would like to give this one a try!!!!!! Thanks for posting! Love hearing about new candles and scents especially this time of year!!!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

I can't wait to try them. But I ordered a ton of melts from Cheerful Giver and I am only halfway through my stash.

I can't do anything until I make some room in my candle closet!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Couldn't you put a melter (or two) in a ""used"" meltcup?
Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

Mallemo - sorry, I don't know the wattage and I can't find it on their site.

Esmeralda - yes I've put other wax melts in one of these cups after I "popped" the old wax out.

KJPA

I dont like burning candles because I can smell a sort of "soot" smell when burning that bothers my allergies. The Scenterpiece is amazing. Only smells of the fragrance of your choice are emitted. I like the timer feature. Not all have the timer. With the timer you dont have to remember to turn the unit off. If you find the cups prices buy a couple cups on sale and keep the plastic cup and refill with Walmarts wax melts. 

Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:
Couldn't you put a melter (or two) in a ""used"" meltcup?

@esmerelda this is what I have done when I wanted to use another melt other than YC.  I put the meltcup in the freezer for a bit, pop out the wax wait until the meltcup container gets room temp and put in the new ,let I want.  The meltcup so lastvery long time.  I love my scenterpiece and cannot wait to fill it with pumpkin.

Honored Contributor

I love mine, but yes there are some negatives. The cost of the Scenterpiece cups are 5.00 and the scent usually only last 24 hours, depending on the strength of the scent.It is easy to use, no mess no clean up. Another negative is that the only places I have seen the melting cups is BBB, and the Yankee stores.....The Melters themselves are pricey, but so beautiful and great quality.I do not use mine on a daily basis, I bring it out from time to time, and in between i light candles, as I still love candles, but when I want a break from candles, this is perfect!!!!It could be very expensive if you intend to use it every ay.......I purchased one with a timer which I love as well!!!!!!!  

I use the s Easy meltcups I really like them as to the price if you watch Yankee Candle there are some really great deals for a better price. I have one with a timer that came with three cups. My favorite sense is Harvest for fall and Apricot Rose for Spring