Honored Contributor

I had some work done in my bathroom recently, and everything had to come out and I am putting the room back together.....I did have a nice shelf above the stool that held some 'pretty' things in the color family of the room.....not sure I want to put it back up.  

I was thinking about a simple wreath, is a wreath an odd thing to have in a bathroom?

The walls are new so I don't want to put holes in the wall and then have to repair the hole if I don't like it....appreciate feedback!

Respected Contributor

I actually had one in my powder room back in the 80s, and I loved it.  It really warmed up the room and finished it off beautifully.   I probably wouldn't do that today...   BUT,  if you like the look and it fits in with your idea of how you would like the room to look ...  I say,  DO IT!   It's more about what makes you smile and what you like.  Try it out.

Regular Contributor

I have one in my larger bathroom. It looks nice.

Respected Contributor

I think a wreath could look pretty in the bathroom.  Maybe you could try it out by using the 3M Command Hooks rather than a nail.  I use the Command hooks at Christmas and have never had any wall damage when removing them. 

Frequent Contributor

@Mom2Dogs oh yes, I just redid my bathroom and wanted something different. I found the cutest wreath at Hobby Lobby. It is about 8 or 10 inches wide and I hung it over my towel ring which is on a narrow wall. It is the cutest. It is just a greenery wreath. I also did not want to put holes in the wall. I tried command, but sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I went to amazon and found reusable wall hooks and they work perfect! Good Luck🙂

Honored Contributor

Your house, your bathroom.  If you like it and want it then it goes there.  It does not make any difference what anyone else thinks.   GO for it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't b/c bathrooms get dusty and dust will settle on the wreath 

but if you do go with command hooks they are great 

Respected Contributor

I love wreaths and have several, including one in the bathroom. 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I think a wreath could look pretty in the bathroom.  Maybe you could try it out by using the 3M Command Hooks rather than a nail.  I use the Command hooks at Christmas and have never had any wall damage when removing them. 

This would be my suggestion if you're worried about making a hole and then not liking the wreath in the bathroom.  

Super Contributor

Yes! I have a wreath in my guest powder room and even change it for Christmas. 💗