Honored Contributor

To me, this room is very lifeless.  I was never a fan of that type of stine in fireplaces.  I do like the floor.

Esteemed Contributor

Love love love it. 

Valued Contributor

The practical side of me wants to know how you would change a lightbulb in that room?  You'd need a very tall ladder.  I don't like double height celings unless it is a commercial space. I do like the fireplace and the windows.

Trusted Contributor

@jubilant   I seem to be in the minority but I love the warm decor with the clean uncluttered look.  The patterns on the rug & drapery adds a little pop.  Different strokes for different folks!

Honored Contributor

I can't stand overhead lights. This room at first looks relaxing, until I gaze up.  I almost told our builder to not include any ovehead lights, but realizing it will have to be sold by someone someday, I relented.  They are on as little as possible, I much prefer lamps.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wow! Warm Neutrals

[ Edited ]

I'm not usually not a fan of neutral rooms but the contrast in textures and tone (the brick fireplace, the wood floors, the rug, the wall, and ceiling, and those windows--- all make it work BEAUTIFULLY!!!!  I really LIKE IT! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”