Respected Contributor

Re: Wow,Mid Century Modern to the Max

[ Edited ]

@sometimesQVCaddict and @DREAMON @@@@you nailed it. It would make a fabulous AirBnB but at that price, for me, the decor would HAVE to be included (needs better beds), would HAVE to include a crazy kitchy pool and deck area...and someone would have to show me where the range is ( is it that drawer where the oven thing is?). Id also make some of those cabinets orange...just too much teal and shade slightky

Id also have to be crazy rich because one would gave to rent thr AirBnB every week for ten years to pay it off lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl if not the orange, what color would you have as an accent? 

I am not into MCM  for my own 1964 house home because i dont find the furniture comfortable. Im just fascinated by this committment. Im a 90's jewel tone and plush comfy furniture lover.with a splash of retro-squares in my shower cutain and guest bedroom pull out sofa bed pillows.

( why am i obsessed with breaking down this specimen, Iam not buying it lol) 

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's kind of neat, in a museumy kind of way.  No way I'd want to live there, but fascinating to look at.  I agree with whoever said it reminded them of the house that used to be at DisneyWorld. 

The aqua kitchen brought back memories.  In high school my best friend lived in a brand new house, and I was so impressed with their aqua kitchen appliances.  Then my family built a new house a few years later, and my mom chose Coppertone appliances.  Remember those?  But I never forgot that aqua kitchen.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Such a cool house in a Jetson kind of way!!! lol!!!

I am not a fan of Mid Century Modern Homes, but this was so fun to look at...!!

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ ---I really do the like the turq but I'm not sure what I would add---I like the more neutral colors as background, not much for just white as the main color, maybe more as an accent too----easy to use any color with it--but have been obsessed lately with navy or dark blues and always like green. And you know--maybe just a small pop of orange would be good. I love terrazo floors too.