Honored Contributor

Re: Wow. Finding it difficult to find BASKETS!

@MalteseMommawrote:

@Stevie Nixwrote:

@GingerPeach - Sorry for the bogus recommendation.  I always see so many baskets at Michaels that I thought they might have what you want.  Do you remember Peterboro baskets on Q?  I don't know if they are still in business, but they had some lovely baskets.

@GingerPeach

and I STILL have my Peterboro Baskets,they last forever  <3

Another vote for Peterboro baskets. They last forever, are super well made (here in the USA!), always have some kind of sale going in addition to good pricing, always free shipping, what isn't there to love!

Valued Contributor

You can always check Longaberger baskets, made in Ohio.  They are kind of costly.  Interestingly, the company offices were located in a building that looked exactly like a basket, but the building has been sold.  Still there, though.  I tried to insert a picture here, to no avail.  

I did get Peterboro baskets on QVC and they were very nice.  Perhaps you can find soe nice ones on etsy.

Honored Contributor

Also anyone looking for cheaper baskets, always try your local Goodwill and other similar stores. Sometimes they have multiple shelves full, and often they are only a quarter or fifty cents. 

Not a big investment if they get ruined or you change your look.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

Also anyone looking for cheaper baskets, always try your local Goodwill and other similar stores. Sometimes they have multiple shelves full, and often they are only a quarter or fifty cents. 

I read an article about donating items. And one of the things that stuck out from the article was one thing that people are always donating were baskets. And many places have so many baskets donated that they end up throwing some away.

And I was thinking about all the baskets I have. Many are from charity events and you buy tickets for the silent auction. I can't tell you how many baskets I had from them. They were always so nice that I could not bring myself throwing them out. So I donated them.

Valued Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

Yes, the Goodwill stores around here always have a lot of baskets. And some of them look like they were originally pricey. 

Honored Contributor

I thought I'd share the new homes my African violets now have.

One is in the type of basket I was looking for but couldn't find, and the other two (only one of which is shown) are in the "basket-colored" ceramic pots.

(The basket is one I already had but has a handle, which I didn't want to use, but I just went with it.)

@DearPrudence @drizzellla @Mominohio @Elri  @MalteseMomma 

@Kachina624  @tansy @Sunshine Kate @Stevie Nix  @sunshine45  @OKPrincess  @Tyak  @J Town Girl  @pattypeep  @Elri   

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

DSCN0014.JPG

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

save-on-crafts usually carries small baskets

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

I love your buttercup yellow tile, the bits of blue glass and the baskets of greenery, @GingerPeach!

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much for those kind words, @tansy

My house is going on the market soon.  Your compliment gives me hope a local buyer will feel the same.  Woman Happy 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach Your window setting looks beautiful. I have several baskets put away that I really need to use. Most of them are longaberger and not cheap. Thanks for sharing.