Honored Contributor

No longer looking for baskets. :-) Thanks everyone!

[ Edited ]

I can't believe how hard it's been to find small baskets.  I've been looking for some round woven wicker or similar material about 5-6" high and 5-6" wide.  They used to be everywhere years ago, but now most stores have larger storage baskets for the most part.

I did find something adequate at The Container Store, but they are out of stock until April.  

I looked at craft stores, and nurseries, and Cost Plus World Market, and all the Pier One, Pottery Barn, and similar places.  Also, all the online venues.

I gave up and went with some glazed pots in a "baskety" color I found at a local nursery.   All so my African violets can have a new home for springtime.

Edited here (also in post farther up the line) to include what I ended up doing:

I thought I'd share the new homes my African violets now have.

One is in the type of basket I was looking for but couldn't find, and the other two (only one of which is shown) are in the "basket-colored" ceramic pots.

(The basket is one I already had but has a handle, which I didn't want to use, but I just went with it.)

DSCN0014.JPG

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Finding it difficult to find a rental

Rental ???

Honored Contributor

Maybe metal?

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeachwrote:

I can't believe how hard it's been to find small baskets.  I've been looking for some round woven wicker or similar material about 5-6" high and 5-6" wide.  They used to be everywhere years ago, but now most stores have larger storage baskets for the most part.

I did find something adequate at The Container Store, but they are out of stock until April.  

I looked at craft stores, and nurseries, and Cost Plus World Market, and all the Pier One, Pottery Barn, and similar places.  Also, all the online venues.

I gave up and went with some glazed pots in a "baskety" color I found at a local nursery.   All so my African violets can have a new home for springtime.

Are you trying to rent baskets?

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach.   What does finding baskets have to do with finding a rental?  Did you want to rent a basket?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Wow. Finding it difficult to find BASKETS!

[ Edited ]

Here's what happened (in the voice of Monk):

I typed my title of Wow. Difficult to find baskets. and the screen did one of those loopy things where it picks up other similar titles and I just didn't notice until after I'd posted.

I am laughing so hard now.  I do not have any interest in renting any baskets (although I'm sure my daughter would love me to rent her a balloon ride in one of those baskets attached to a balloon!).

@Kachina624 @Sunshine Kate @tansy @MalteseMomma

Valued Contributor

Re: Wow. Finding it difficult to find BASKETS!

Michaels.  They have  a website if you don't have one in your area.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Stevie Nix  I was scouring the aisles of Michael's yesterday.  I did mention craft stores.  They do have all kinds of baskets, but nothing even close to what I need.

Honored Contributor

our michaels has thousands of baskets.

i also recommend going to a local florist/garden store/flower shop. i can usually find lots of baskets there.

also peruse stores like tjmaxx, ross, home goods, and marshalls.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach - Sorry for the bogus recommendation.  I always see so many baskets at Michaels that I thought they might have what you want.  Do you remember Peterboro baskets on Q?  I don't know if they are still in business, but they had some lovely baskets.