Honored Contributor

Re: Would You Be Suspicious?

Salt water is hard on things, but I would think the new equipment designed for the salt water pool would last longer than two years.  Perhaps a bit suspicious...

Esteemed Contributor

Your gut is talking to you.... listen 👂 

Esteemed Contributor

Definitely YES!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Pools are money pits, it's a given.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@DREAMON  you are correct, it could be the salt water. I grew up swimming in salt water but it was at the beach.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Does this pool service company also sell new equipment?

Why did you switch to salt water?

Salt is bad for everybody and everything.  Salt is known to rust and this week I had to have a bath sink metal mechanism (that pulls up to let water out  /  down to hold water) replaced.  Plumber showed me said - rusted out.

All pool services in my area sell and install new equipment, maintain pool with cleanings, etc. The pool service we're using now is not the one that installed the salt water system.  When we moved into this house 4 years ago, the equipment was old and failing.  When it finally gave out, my husband opted for salt water after a lot of research.  You can't even tell it's salt water, doesn't have the taste of smell of it.  We don't have the smell of all that chlorine anymore.  

Super Contributor

Not a good sign when they dont return a call.   Go with your gut feeling..... it is usually right.

@ScrapHappy wrote:

We have an in ground pool.  Switched to salt water about two years ago and have all new equipment.  Started with a new pool service about 2 months ago.  Since then, we've had 2 leaks (on equipment) and now the pump itself isn't sounding right.  I hate myself for thinking this, but I just keep wondering if the new pool service is to blame?  Would you be suspicious?

P.S.  My husband has been trying to contact the guy who put in the new equipment for a week and he hasn't been responsive.  He was never good about calling us back.