Honored Contributor

That's plum tacky.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Awful - reminds me of a bedroom in a dining room. Plus the bed set isn't symetrical in the room. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

I noticed the off center light fixture first. Didn't even pay attention to anything else. So yes, it would bother me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Would This Bother You?

[ Edited ]

It sure doesn't look relaxing.  Yes, something heavy and big over the bed, to me, is "over the top"....pun intended!

Honored Contributor

I think the chandelier is beyond the end of the bed, from the perspective we have in that photo, so it wouldn't pose any danger to someone sleeping there.

Beyond that, it's ugly, overpowering and out of place in the bedroom.  Nothing about the little we see of the room appeals to me.  (But my cats would love the frame on that bed.  They'd consider it their own personal scratching post!)

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, yes!  Chandelier is not centered, don't like it or the furniture.  There, took care of that room!  Start over Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Would This Bother You?

[ Edited ]

If it were centered properly it wouldn't bother me. The room itself is very blah, and the recessed lighting doesn't look centered either. The chandelier looks too dressy for that style of room in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

I think we need to see the whole room.  From the angle in the picture, yes the chandelier is off center.  However, from any other angle, it's probably not that noticeable.  There could be a door or windows between which the bed is centered.

I do agree with others who have said they are not a fan of this room, or at least the bit of it we are seeing here.

Respected Contributor

No do not like this over bed at all - not keen on  the whole room either.  

Respected Contributor

yes! what if an earthquake sent it crashing down?