Esteemed Contributor

Wooden Pillar Candleholders - Like in VPH Photo

[ Edited ]

I noticed the wooden pillar candle holders in the shot with the mercury glass pumpkins on Valerie's item page.  What a coincidence.  I just ordered and received these from Michaels last week. 

In case anyone is in need of something like this, the indented part that holds the candle is 4-1/8" diameter, same as Valerie's square mercury glass pedestals.  They accomodate the thicker 3-1/2" wide flameless candles like Luminara and Mirage.  I know that sometimes it's difficult to find holders that are wide enough for the thicker candles, spheres, and pumpkins.

FYI--They are showing currently sold out online, but you may luck up and find them in-store.  I had a problem with one.  It leaned terribly.  I have since broke it apart and re-attached the pieces to make it level, but what a pain, and I don't recommend.  I won't be able to give that one as part of a gift as I had planned.  So, even if they do show up online, I suggest buying them in-store if you live near one.  CS made it right, but it took two emails and some aggravation before that happened. 

I got them on sale for $5.99 each.

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/UnderTheseTrees/VPH%20Set%20and%20Sneak%20Peek%20Photos/Capture11_zpsmfbl2mpk.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Wooden Pillar Candleholders - Like in VPH Photo

Darn! No Michael's here anymore. I really like the holder, though. I love wood, and it would adapt to all styles of decor and all seasons. 

I'll keep checking online to see if they restock. 

Thanks for posting this!

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

I noticed the wooden pillar candle holders in the shot with the mercury glass pumpkins on Valerie's item page.  What a coincidence.  I just ordered and received these from Michaels last week. 

In case anyone is in need of something like this, the indented part that holds the candle is 4-1/8" diameter, same as Valerie's square mercury glass pedestals.  They accomodate the thicker 3-1/2" wide flameless candles like Luminara and Mirage.  I know that sometimes it's difficult to find holders that are wide enough for the thicker candles, spheres, and pumpkins.

FYI--They are showing currently sold out online, but you may luck up and find them in-store.  I had a problem with one.  It leaned terribly.  I have since broke it apart and re-attached the pieces to make it level, but what a pain, and I don't recommend.  I won't be able to give that one as part of a gift as I had planned.  So, even if they do show up online, I suggest buying them in-store if you live near one.  CS made it right, but it took two emails and some aggravation before that happened. 

I got them on sale for $5.99 each.

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/UnderTheseTrees/VPH%20Set%20and%20Sneak%20Peek%20Photos/Capture11_zpsmfbl2mpk.jpg

@SHOPR  You got a great deal (as long as you are happy with the one you had to fix).  I'm gonna try to hit both P1 and Michaels tomorrow on my lunch hour. Last year I picked up a few bright orange wooden  pumpkins at HL and they have a long stem on top so they are  perfect on a good candle holder.  Gives them a bit more length and presence IMO .  Hope I can find something similar in my store. Luckily it is right down the street from my P1.  

Respected Contributor

Good eye and good find.  Thanks for sharing.

Regular Contributor

Hi.  I found this same  type of wooden pillar candleholder on ebay and got a great deal, with free shipping.  You might try there. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks, SHOPR. That size can be difficult to find. I'll be near a Michael's in about 3 weeks. Hopefully they will still have them.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, after re-reading the one review on these from 11-2014, I'm thinking that they may be cleared out of the stores already.  Good luck to those who go in search of them.  They are quite rustic, but in a good way I think, as long as they are level. ;-)   

Honored Contributor

Check out flea markets, missions and places like that.  I've seen similiar ones there.  I found some clear glass ones yesterday at a Hope mission for $.25, washed them and they look like new.