Honored Contributor

Wooden Cutting Boards On Display In Kitchens

Would you put wooden cutting boards on display in your kitchen?

Farmhouse Cutting Board Collection Set of 3

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wooden Cutting Boards On Display In Kitchens

I only have three cutting boards, and none of them are especially attractive.  If I had several like the ones in the photo (and ample room), then I would display them.  

Respected Contributor

I would if they were nice looking.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG.  Yes, I have the one hsn sold that is a map of New Mexico.  It hangs on the wall.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ECBG ,  I have just three of various sizes and different wood grains layered against my backsplash;  then, on another wall, hanging below a little mirror with pegs, I have two more hanging.  Only one is truly "vintage",  but I think it lends a little 'oomph' to the others.  I'm crazy about the feeling and characteristics of different woods. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have several on display, I also have a square footed board. I love them and use them stacked on top of each other as a decorative accent.

Esteemed Contributor

I would do a display like this if I was into vintage/antique decor for my home.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624  I thought those were very well done and the pricing was excellent 

Respected Contributor

Absolutely. We have the most gorgeous one with blue resin on half that looks like the ocean. We also have one that my nephew made and engraved with "Hale Nalu" which means the surfer house. 

Honored Contributor

I have four wooden cutting boards on my kitchen counter.  They are standing up vertically leaning against the side of my refrigerator.

I used to store them away, but it was too much trouble to get them out several times a day.

One is an expensive gift given to me by my son.  It is huge and made up from different types and colors of wood.

Another was handmade by my BIL who builds furniture as a hobby.  He also has his own wood kiln to dry wood.

I also have two smaller not so pretty ordinary boards that I use often.

My kitchen is more functional than decorative.  I don't have any non functional display items in my kitchen.