Highlighted
Honored Contributor

As others have said, like the space, the wood & stone, need some colors!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I love this...the clean color scheme, uncluttered appearance, rustic theme, very serene and pleasing.

This looks a lot like a house we rent for a long weekend in the Fall in upstate NY on Lake Ontario. 

Valued Contributor

The ceiling beams look like they have horizontal cracks running all the way through them.

Respected Contributor

I like it!  It is rustic decor at this moment, but I see it can be flexible and easily transformed with a more modern campaign. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@steviebAlmost Shaker in its simplicity.  But a bit cold.

It's uncanny @vsm  because I was going to suggest that it was a bit Shaker in its understatement.

While, to me, the simplicity of the space is part of its charm, like several others, I would introduce a few pieces of more comfortable looking furniture and a bit of color and warmth. Done right, those additions need not detract from what was clearly the choice to keep this space simple. 

I do love the stone wall and fireplace.

Yes -- the stone wall and fireplace are lovely.  I like the simplicity, too -- the place just needs to be a bit more welcoming.  (As others have said, though, the open staircase -- while adding to the room's lightness and cleanness -- would scare me to death!)

Esteemed Contributor

I love it..........looks like an old New England home.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I love it..........looks like an old New England home.

@Patriot3 .  That’s exactly what I thought. Love the houses from the 16 and 1700’s in NE.  Cannot get this font any bigger for some reason. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Wood and Stone...

[ Edited ]

Very nice, like the room design and everything in this space; especially like the neutral colors!

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb 

Love the stairway area the most.  Like the chandelier & openness of the room with lots of natural light.  Something about the stone wall I don't care for, maybe it's "too much" stone wall.

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@stevieb 

Love the stairway area the most.  Like the chandelier & openness of the room with lots of natural light.  Something about the stone wall I don't care for, maybe it's "too much" stone wall.

@ScenicMaine  I agree, I do really like the stairway... I could live with the lighting fixture, but don't really love it... I do like the airy quality of the room and while I really like the stone wall, I agree, it is lacking something... Maybe a substantial mantle would help... It's also odd that the fireplace appears to be a bit off center and perhaps too close on the one side to the opening leading into another room... Regardless, with a few warmer and more comfortable looking pieces of furniture, I'm sure I could adapt...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...