Honored Contributor

Gorgeous, I would love to have it as my home in the mountains.

Respected Contributor

It's beautiful, but I agree too much wood.  If the floor was a different material and lighter in color, it would look much better to me.

Honored Contributor

Its interesting but I dont like the ceiling nor do I like the shape of the fireplace ......just too much brown everywhere.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Some great craftmanship, but I'd get dizzy in there.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wood & Stone Room

[ Edited ]

Included in a commercial space, like the lobby of an exclusive lodge, this would be just wonderful. For me. as a residential space, it doesn't work.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

It's hard to say with just one view of the room and not how it relates to the rest of the area.  I love the wood and the room could be so much lighter and brighter with different furniture, more definition of spaces with beautiful rugs, lamps, personal items etc. Any shade of brown would be banned

Honored Contributor

I do like the beautiful wood and the space of the room. However, I would start from scratch and perk it up with furnishings and decor that aren't too dark . It does need some color.

Esteemed Contributor

Nope .. not my “cup of tea” 👎

Honored Contributor

Re: Wood & Stone Room

[ Edited ]

@Travone wrote:

Is that a stair (1 or 2), or is it just color variations of the wood?  If they are stairs that would be terrible.....can hardly see them.  I would fall down them a million times.

@Travone 

I don’t think it’s stairs. I think, as you said, it’s just wood variations. 

Esteemed Contributor

The floor would make me dizzy.  Fireplace is too high.  Furniture needs some color other than brown and the placement is odd.  Don't mind the drapes, but don't like the tieback style for that room.