Honored Contributor

Wood & Stone Room

[ Edited ]

What do you think of this room? Do you like all the wood and stone? 

I am amazed at the craftsmanship in this room! The stone support and the ceiling & floor are beautiful, especially,  considering all the curves in this room. I’m sure a lot of time, talent, & expense went into the design & construction.

Yet, there’s something about the room that just isn’t inviting to me. Maybe it’s the massive scale of the room or that everything in it is so dark. There’s not enough contrast. I like warmth, but I think it might help if some of the furnishings were a lighter color. 

F65561A4-47C3-4D8A-BD3E-9FECED3B3672.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@wilma It's too much. I like wood but this is overkill, big time.

Honored Contributor

Too much brown in one place. It would give me conniption fits.

Trusted Contributor

It looks like a lodge. You're right, the craftsman is amazing.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I love the room itself but hate the way it is furnished. 

I think it would look great with greenery, completely different furniture and light fixtures, different furniture placement, and get rid of the drapes.

This room definitely has potential.

Valued Contributor

I dislike this room for the same reason I dislike log cabins.  Too much wood.  It feels overwhelming. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wood & Stone Room

[ Edited ]

I like everything about it except for the curtains. I don't like curtains of any type. But once I replaced the curtains with something elseI could be very happy living there.

Honored Contributor

The room has a lot of potential, but no one gets cozy by just sitting chairs here and there in this large room.  There appears to be no thought given where to put them. 

The room is too bare.  Nothing personal sitting around.  The bare floor doesn't help.  

Too much brown, walls, floor, ceiling, and furniture.  There's no contrast and interest.  

Actually, the room looks like a hotel entrance in the mountains or near a lake.  The only thing missing is the check-in counter.  

Honored Contributor

I appreciate the craftsmanship, but this room makes me dizzy.  The chairs aren't arranged for having a conversation either, as someone else mentioned.  I don't like it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

It's definitely very grand but personally I wouldn't like it.