Honored Contributor

Re: Winter greens and pine cones

@Mominohio...loved the photos, I like to decorate in that manner....

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Mominohio  All the pics you posted have wonderful 'winter' arrangements, but once it reaches January and I take the holiday decor down, my eyes want to see signs of Spring, not an extended version of winter decor. 

Once I have the livingroom all sparkling clean and carpets shampooed, I bring out the Spring/Summer decor. It brightens my mood too Smiley Happy

So many people here see spring way before we do!

I love to nest in for the rest of the winter with deocr that mimics what the outdoors is doing. It feels warm and cozy and seasonally appropriate. 

I might switch to spring, but I honestly don't have any and I don't do much for Easter either. After those wintery things come down, it is back to just regular old stuff! 

By the way, I love your pics of the plants and grow lights. Do you do vegetables and herbs as well as flowers? 

It has to be pretty satisfying to have plants you have started from seeds.  We don't have the room, nor do I have the desire to do it, (although with our vegetable garden, one would think we would), because I know the work would fall all to me. My husband would be all in for about the first 10 minutes of the process ! LOL So I just buy vegetable plants in mid May, and have pretty much gone to perenials in the flower/plant area. But I do know that when I get my hands in the dirt, and sit in the garden to weed, it's a whole other world and lots of time to think and ponder. I enjoy it when the weather cooperates!

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio Such gorgeous pictures.

Happy New Year!

Respected Contributor

I use pinecones all year in decorating, In a large bowl, a floor vase, or a wall basket. I like them. Warm and woodsy. Minus the winter greens of course or the red baubles/berries. Add texture - from those large sugar cones to tiny spruce cones, they all have a little color and shape differences depending on the variety of cone.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had a somewhat flat woven twig basket for years and it's long been filled with pine cones I've collected while walking. It pretty much sits out all year and sometimes I dress it up a little for Christmas, but sometimes I just leave it as it is. It's become a sort of fixture around my place.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I love the look of the winter greens and pine cones in all the displays. Thank you so much for sharing.  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”