Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

I cannot imagine being worried about my neighbors window coverings.  

If you are able to do as you wish in your own home, why does it matter what others do?

I'm not worried and it doesn't matter to me. I just notice and, when an answer is available, I want it. 

@occasionalrain  None of us can give you an answer. Go knock on their door and ask them. 

Honored Contributor

I can honestly say I have no idea what my neighbors do with their windows.  Mind you, my house sits 700 feet back from the main road, in a rural area and I don't go cruising around to see who does or doesn't have their windows covered.

If they have every window covered, it doesn't impact my life at all.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  A kindred spirit. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Windows During The Day

[ Edited ]

I only have curtains to cover my windows..Winter for extra warmth...NO neighbors..I do close them when the sun is shining this way..

The  sun has faded my wood stained window sills..and I don't want it fading my living room furniture.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 

I have window coverings that I close at night.

I have lots of plants, some bloom all winter, that give the NE where I live a bit of spring in winter.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

I don't need to ask my neighbors, my fellow posters, as usual, have been forthcoming in their reasons and satisfied my curiosity. I'm no longer miffed. Thank you all.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain Would you still be miffed if they came over and told you to shut your danged blinds?  Inquiring minds want to know!  Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 Agreed. That's why mine are closed. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Windows During The Day

[ Edited ]

I like a good amount of natural light inside during the day but not so that it's either blinding or over-heats the interior. My blinds are almost never open all the way and given they're venetian style blinds, I have a lot of options as to both opening the blinds themselves and the slats in varying degrees. Others can do as they wish.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@occasionalrain Would you still be miffed if they came over and told you to shut your danged blinds?  Inquiring minds want to know!  Woman Very Happy

They're non confrontational. They would just leave an anonymous  note on my door under cover of darkness. I wouldn't be miffed, I'd just assume jealousy.