Respected Contributor

Window Cleaning Today-I'm Happy Dancing

[ Edited ]

DH & I decided to hire a window cleaning service for the  exterior of our windows. It took us a while to find someone since we are rural.   Background:  We live in an elevated ranch and our front windows are from the floor to cathedral ceiling.  In the past I climbed up my 22' Little Giant ladder and still couldn't adequately clean the top trapazoid windows.

So he comes today.  He did all 14 front windows, 2 sets of French doors, windows in kitchen and bedrooms (6) and even the storm door all for $50, and he also cleans the window trim not just the glass.  He even asked if we wanted him to  go on the roof and clean the skylight.   He will call us this fall to schedule.  I tipped $20.  I am so thankful to have found him.

Honored Contributor

Re: Window Cleaning Today-I'm Happy Dancing

[ Edited ]

I wash my own windows and they all tilt in, so it is easy.  The company that installed our windows calls us twice a year and offers to wash them for free. We decline.

i wash them very often because I hate looking through dirt. We live in a dust bowl.

i think you got a great price to clean all those windows and doors.  Most places charge more than that just to park in your driveway.

Honored Contributor

Glad you found someone to do your windows. I think that's a very reasonable price IMO.

We also have the tilt in windows that make them easier to keep clean. DH washes our windows. They look better after he finishes. LOL!!! They look smeary when I do it. Wonder Why??? 

He had to use some mineral spirits to get some sticky stuff off a couple of our windows. Nothing else would remove whatever it is. We think it's from our neighbors trees as we can see nothing else around it would come from. He just cleaned them 2-3 wks ago & it's already back on these 2 windows.

Honored Contributor

My windows mostly are tilt ,but i have such a hard time of them smearing ,i have tried so many cleaners ,including home made.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I used to clean the exteriors also, DH can't climb ladders any longer and I hate to admit it but my back issues prevent me from safely doing the front windows, 8 are stationary and don't open.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

My windows mostly are tilt ,but i have such a hard time of them smearing ,i have tried so many cleaners ,including home made.

@goldensrbest DH uses vinegar/water & his car chamois. He has also used newspaper before. 

Honored Contributor

@AlleghenySounds like a super price.  Staying off ladders ranks high on my list -  anything more than one step is worth paying to avoid!

Honored Contributor

We use a pray cleaner for our windows called Sprayway from Home Depot.That stuff cleans without streaks and makes your windows just disappear.Dont use on a warm day though or it won’t be streak free.

Respected Contributor

@dex

That product sound interesting.  I am going to look to see if I can use on the interior of my windows.  They have been film tinted and I have to be cautious what I use on them.

Honored Contributor

My mama taught me good.  "If you want clean exterior windows & done right, hire a professional."  I taught my daughter the same lesson.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif