Honored Contributor

Can you put battery candles in your windows if you have mini blinds too?

If you can, would they go in back or in front of the blinds?

I love the look of candles in windows, it is so homey and cozy.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

You would want to put them in front of the blinds as you want them visible from the street.

Honored Contributor

Oh yes of course LOL.

Is it safe to use them with mini blinds?

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

Most battery candles do not get very hot so they should be fine.  I've always done it with mine with no problems. Smiley Happy   I agree, I also love candles in the windows, it is very cozy, especially as we are getting into more fall like weather.

Respected Contributor

As long as you have room on the window sill between the blinds and the window for them to set. Put them behind the blinds so they can be seen from the street.

Honored Contributor

I would probably raise the blinds to the height of the candle so it would be visible from the inside and outside.

Honored Contributor

If the candles don't get hot, I think it would be safe.  If your windowsills are deep, you'll have no problem.

I like candles in the window too, but unfortunately my sills aren't deep.  And my windows all have shades, so they wouldn't hang straight down with candles on the sill.  Not a big deal but probably not the best thing for the shades.

Respected Contributor

I have the Bethlehem Lights window candles and I put them up against the window.  I pul the blinds down as normal.  Those lights don't get hot.  It does nothing to the lights.  I have had them for years.  If you want to see them  clearly from the inside then set the blinds above them.  

Valued Contributor

I have 2 sets of  Bethlehem window candles from 2 years ago and they fit fine on the sill and the blinds behind them. They last a good 7 months or more on one set of batteries set on timer.

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs   I have bottom up - top down blinds and I place my candles on the top of the bottom window frame, the blind does not interfere with with the candle.

My blinds go up and down several times a day so I have the waxy glue dots that I use on each side of the candle to make sure they stay in place.

My candles get turned on (timer function) the weekend of Thanksgiving and 1 set of battries lasts until the first of the new year.