Esteemed Contributor

Re: Will these pictures attract buyers

[ Edited ]

@Andrewsgrandma wrote:

Such a pretty back yard.  I live in Arizona. Out here those power lines are very scary for buyers. They severely affect property values as many people don't want to be near them. Not sure how I would decide if I really loved a house. I guess you'll find out when your house is listed. 

Does anyone know why my replies are underlined? I don't get it

This entire street has the power lines in the back. So far the couple of houses on the street have sold very quick. I guess we will see.  My dad text my brother in law this morning and told him to get the listing ready. They want it to go up Sunday night. With inventory so low buyers can't be super picky.

Your text is underlined because you hit the U for underline before you started typing.

Honored Contributor

Your back yard is beautiful.  I would hesitate to put those pictures in the listing, though, because of the electrical lines.  I sold RE for years and know that's a real turn-off for buyers.  If you can't get pictures that don't show the lines I just wouldn't show the back yard at all.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Beautiful, clean and neat. That is whatI looked for when we were looking for a house years ago. It bugs me whenI watch House Hunters and people want to buy the house and then rip out the kitchen etc that is more than most of us probably have. Then then demolish the cupboards instead of donating them to someone that would love them. I grew up appreciating every little thing I had and still do. Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

Your back yard is beautiful.  I would hesitate to put those pictures in the listing, though, because of the electrical lines.  I sold RE for years and know that's a real turn-off for buyers.  If you can't get pictures that don't show the lines I just wouldn't show the back yard at all.

Thanks. I think there was another picture of the same area without showing the lines. My brother in law will probably go over with them which ones are best to use. They took a lot.  Right now there are so many buyers and and not a lot of homes. So it's really a sellers market and buyers can't be a super picky.  We have one of the front of the house and we didn't realize Chloe is in the window watching. They probably won't use that one lol. We also have a really cute out building in the backyard. We call it a shed but it looks like a kids play house. It's so cute. It's all wood with nice siding and everything.

Esteemed Contributor

I told my parents to try and edit the photos of the power lines and the tower. The tower isn't in the backyard and with the trees along the fence really big now you don't see much of the tower. The tower is probably about 150 feet from the house on the easement.  I could see how some buyers might not even come look or how that might effect the price we get on the house. We bought this house in 1978. My mom said if sat empty for a year. I know at that time the economy wasn't very good. But I think I remember her saying it was because of the tower. Hopefully the beautiful landscaping and the trees along the fence will make up for that.