Esteemed Contributor

Re: Will these pictures attract buyers

@Rockycoast wrote:

Hi Ccassaday, just some suggestions looking at your photos. as others have said, flip the child's bedroom quilt to a solid color. put away all the toys, on the bed. No need to have a picture of an empty hallway, I would loose that photo. Remove all items from the shower and put them away. Remove most of the towels on the rack. A bath towel and maybe a hand towel draped over the bath towel is all you need. Can you take a better angle of the bedrooms? The light in the bedroom is showing off the wall color to be different colors and is on the bright side. The other photo of the bedroom doesn't really show it off to its' best advantage. Just some of my thoughts on the photos.

Yes we will probably get better photos. Probably will take more this weekend after the upstairs is done. I will post some outside photos when they take them. I think our yard is so pretty.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought the RE agents took the home pictures?

Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I thought the RE agents took the home pictures?

They usually do. My brother law is our real estate agent. He told us as long as we have a good camera we can take our own.  We are going to take more of the same rooms I posted and pick out the best ones.  I will also pass on some of the tips I received here.   I think the ones I posted look so much better then a lot of ones I see online. So if real estate agents take them some need photography lessons.

Esteemed Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@ccassaday

Everything looks clean and fresh and that is important to potential buyers.  The walk-in closet is a major plus IMO.  I assume you will add photos of the kitchen, living and/or family room, and master bedroom. 

I've seen real estate photos on line where the photos show clutter in most or all rooms.  That's a major turnoff for me.  It's refreshing to view your photos.

Gracious, I thought there were many areas which could be de-cluttered.

The children's room needs to be 'un-kid'.  A solid bedspread, curtains..and remove the stuffed animals.  The bathrooms need to be cleared of shampoo/shower poof/soap.  The closet, nice space as it is, needs to have the clothes removed for pictures.  I would even say....remove the toilet paper & toilet brush for the picture.   The books/DVDs in the bedroom need to be removed.   Of course, all these alternations will be temporary for pictures.  Showing the house is a whole-nuther animal. 

Question:

Where is the storage for the bathrooms?  Is there a side closet which could be photographed? 

@sidsmom  @ccassaday

Compared to photos I have seen on some real estate websites these photos are rather sterile.  For example, I've seen pictures of unwashed dishes piled in the sink and on the countertop, so many appliances you couldn't see the countertop, lots of clothes thrown on the floor or piled on the bed, bathroom lav piled with all kinds of supplies and equipment, living rooms cluttered to the hilt, etc.  On the other hand I've seen homes where the residents apparently moved and did not stage the house at all.  All the rooms were devoid of staging and you couldn't tell which room was what (except kitchen and bath).  So I stand by my original comments.  This room looks great considering many I've seen.

Of course, she should remove some items (i.e., stuffed animals to name one).  The closet should be arranged to show just a few items (tops, slacks, shorts, etc.) rather than removing everything.  However, removing the toilet paper is a bit much.  JMO, of course.

Question:  Are you or were you a real estate agent?

@AnikaBrodie

I can't imagine a reputable RE agent posting pictures of a messy home. Most agents in the area in which I live hire professional photographers to take pictures of their clients' homes.  

I live a pretty clean, streamlined lifestyle, but I noticed in pictures of my home posted on MLS, the photographer had removed the hand soap decanters in the bathrooms.  This must be common practice, because a friend's bathroom pictures were also posted in this manner.  I guess anything can be construed as clutter!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote:

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@ccassaday

Everything looks clean and fresh and that is important to potential buyers.  The walk-in closet is a major plus IMO.  I assume you will add photos of the kitchen, living and/or family room, and master bedroom. 

I've seen real estate photos on line where the photos show clutter in most or all rooms.  That's a major turnoff for me.  It's refreshing to view your photos.

The children's room needs to be 'un-kid'.  A solid bedspread, curtains..and remove the stuffed animals.  The bathrooms need to be cleared of shampoo/shower poof/soap.  The closet, nice space as it is, needs to have the clothes removed for pictures.  I would even say....remove the toilet paper & toilet brush for the picture.   The books/DVDs in the bedroom need to be removed.   Of course, all these alternations will be temporary for pictures.  Showing the house is a whole-nuther animal. 

Question:

Where is the storage for the bathrooms?  Is there a side closet which could be photographed? 

@sidsmom  @ccassaday

Compared to photos I have seen on some real estate websites these photos are rather sterile.  For example, I've seen pictures of unwashed dishes piled in the sink and on the countertop, so many appliances you couldn't see the countertop, lots of clothes thrown on the floor or piled on the bed, bathroom lav piled with all kinds of supplies and equipment, living rooms cluttered to the hilt, etc.  On the other hand I've seen homes where the residents apparently moved and did not stage the house at all.  All the rooms were devoid of staging and you couldn't tell which room was what (except kitchen and bath).  So I stand by my original comments.  This room looks great considering many I've seen.

Of course, she should remove some items (i.e., stuffed animals to name one).  The closet should be arranged to show just a few items (tops, slacks, shorts, etc.) rather than removing everything.  However, removing the toilet paper is a bit much.  JMO, of course.

@AnikaBrodie

I can't imagine a reputable RE agent posting pictures of a messy home. Most agents in the area in which I live hire professional photographers to take pictures of their clients' homes.  

I live a pretty clean, streamlined lifestyle, but I noticed in pictures of my home posted on MLS, the photographer had removed the hand soap decanters in the bathrooms.  This must be common practice, because a friend's bathroom pictures were also posted in this manner.  I guess anything can be construed as clutter!

I look on a popular RE site almost everyday, and you would be surprised what pictures they post. Clutter, messy homes, the owners are in the pictures etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@ccassaday

Question:

@sidsmom  @ccassaday

@AnikaBrodie

I look on a popular RE site almost everyday, and you would be surprised what pictures they post. Clutter, messy homes, the owners are in the pictures etc.

@missy1

Is this a national RE agency?  If so, which one?

Honored Contributor

Zillow always has pictures with clutter. I've been looking at lots of condos, some with uncluttered photos and some not. Wouldn't determine which one I would want. Clutter isn't mine and can be removed. It's just distracting when you're looking online, but hardly a deal breaker. I assume all those perfect photos are photoshopped as well.

The flip side is that neatness can be hiding many flaws of a house. I think removing something like hand soap or toilet paper is laughable. Human beings live there and do human things, it's as if everything has to be so perfect that we have to pretend people and homes are perfect. That's over the top obsessive to me. When a new house is staged do they not add soap and toilet paper? What if someone looking needs to use the facilities, what do they use? Leaves? 😆

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

That is funny.

Lots of good news today. We will be pretty much finished with the house projects tomorrow or Wed. So we can concentrate on staging the house and taking pictures. Our appraisel came back for the new house wel over the bid because the lot will be paid off. Looks like things are moving really quickly. Praying it sells quick.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz

realtor dot com

Regular Contributor

I am not an expert but it is not my color choices in decor or walls.............but I wish you the very best of luck........it is nice and clean............I prefer very romantic.  The bathroom shower curtain seems masculine.