Honored Contributor

Re: Will these pictures attract buyers

@ccassaday. I think it looks great. Good job!

Respected Contributor

Looking good...

I would just remove a lot of the towels on the racks  -  not all, of course  - just to open that space visually a little more.

And, I would remove the blue drapes in that bedroom - leaving the valance there - opening up the space and letting more light in that room.

And, on those three shelves in the bedroom - I would remove all those books - and, just put a few back in short stacks of three or so - again, opening up that space a little more.

Good Luck!!

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Looking good...

I would just remove a lot of the towels on the racks  -  not all, of course  - just to open that space visually a little more.

And, I would remove the blue drapes in that bedroom - leaving the valance there - opening up the space and letting more light in that room.

And, on those three shelves in the bedroom - I would remove all those books - and, just put a few back in short stacks of three or so - again, opening up that space a little more.

Good Luck!!

Thanks for the suggestion. Whenever the time comes that we actually put the house up they will probably get better pictures.

Respected Contributor

I think the pictures are well done.  My only suggestion would to be to turn the child's bed so it's against the window.   The room would look larger.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd think removing pet bowls would be deceitful. 

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Yes it looks tidy and organized, but not staged.  Your family should have no problem selling it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the pictures!  Very nice house!

Can the twin quilt/blanket be flipped to a solid blue side?  I'd lose the valance, but keep the blue curtains, perhaps.

The walk in is nice.  I would press the jeans, put them folded on the shelves.  Hang dress pants/dress shirts on the man's side.  Do the same for mom's side.  Show that closet is for casual and business/dress attire to accomodate all lookers.

I know closet space and bathrooms are huge.  But for me kitchen and entertaining areas stand out more. 

I want people to see they can easily have a crowd over and there is good flow, lots of room for seating/conversation areas.

Goes for outside gatherings, too.  Let people see themselves barbequing for family and friends.  Pretty views of yard. 

Curb appeal is a must, but what you're looking at drinking your cup of coffee or having a glass of iced tea or wine is HUGE, imho.

NIce array of potted plants, cleaned furniture and decking or pavers.  If no patio, make sure grass is lush as can be.

House seems very nice--there's a buyer out there for you!

Valued Contributor

JUST PERFECT  DID A GOOD JOB 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Thanks for the pictures!  Very nice house!

Can the twin quilt/blanket be flipped to a solid blue side?  I'd lose the valance, but keep the blue curtains, perhaps.

The walk in is nice.  I would press the jeans, put them folded on the shelves.  Hang dress pants/dress shirts on the man's side.  Do the same for mom's side.  Show that closet is for casual and business/dress attire to accomodate all lookers.

I know closet space and bathrooms are huge.  But for me kitchen and entertaining areas stand out more. 

I want people to see they can easily have a crowd over and there is good flow, lots of room for seating/conversation areas.

Goes for outside gatherings, too.  Let people see themselves barbequing for family and friends.  Pretty views of yard. 

Curb appeal is a must, but what you're looking at drinking your cup of coffee or having a glass of iced tea or wine is HUGE, imho.

NIce array of potted plants, cleaned furniture and decking or pavers.  If no patio, make sure grass is lush as can be.

House seems very nice--there's a buyer out there for you!

Our house has really pretty curb appeal. It's nice that at this time of year all the flowers are blooming. As far as areas for entertaining the houses in this neighborhood don't really have big entertaining spaces. But our kitchen and family room do provide a open concept. We also have stainless steel appliances that are only a couple years old. We do have a patio. One thing is we aren't sure how people will react to is we have a backyard pond. It is really beautiful. We had koi fish but sold them last year to prepare to sell. I guess we will see if buyers like it or not. It could go either way. We also have pavers that make a walkway out to the pond.

Esteemed Contributor

Found out today that the house will be listed next week. We aren't going to wait on Home Depot to fix our floor. We will just work around them. If we have to tell the buyer that Home Depot will be replacing the floor so be it. 

Respected Contributor

Hi Ccassaday, just some suggestions looking at your photos. as others have said, flip the child's bedroom quilt to a solid color. put away all the toys, on the bed. No need to have a picture of an empty hallway, I would loose that photo. Remove all items from the shower and put them away. Remove most of the towels on the rack. A bath towel and maybe a hand towel draped over the bath towel is all you need. Can you take a better angle of the bedrooms? The light in the bedroom is showing off the wall color to be different colors and is on the bright side. The other photo of the bedroom doesn't really show it off to its' best advantage. Just some of my thoughts on the photos.