Honored Contributor

Re: Will these pictures attract buyers

Very nice, clean and inviting..

Esteemed Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@ccassaday

Everything looks clean and fresh and that is important to potential buyers.  The walk-in closet is a major plus IMO.  I assume you will add photos of the kitchen, living and/or family room, and master bedroom. 

I've seen real estate photos on line where the photos show clutter in most or all rooms.  That's a major turnoff for me.  It's refreshing to view your photos.

Yes. We just havent gotten that far yet.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@ccassaday

Everything looks clean and fresh and that is important to potential buyers.  The walk-in closet is a major plus IMO.  I assume you will add photos of the kitchen, living and/or family room, and master bedroom. 

I've seen real estate photos on line where the photos show clutter in most or all rooms.  That's a major turnoff for me.  It's refreshing to view your photos.

Gracious, I thought there were many areas which could be de-cluttered.

The children's room needs to be 'un-kid'.  A solid bedspread, curtains..and remove the stuffed animals.  The bathrooms need to be cleared of shampoo/shower poof/soap.  The closet, nice space as it is, needs to have the clothes removed for pictures.  I would even say....remove the toilet paper & toilet brush for the picture.   The books/DVDs in the bedroom need to be removed.   Of course, all these alternations will be temporary for pictures.  Showing the house is a whole-nuther animal. 

Question:

Where is the storage for the bathrooms?  Is there a side closet which could be photographed? 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@ccassaday

The children's room needs to be 'un-kid'.  A solid bedspread, curtains..and remove the stuffed animals.  The bathrooms need to be cleared of shampoo/shower poof/soap.  The closet, nice space as it is, needs to have the clothes removed for pictures.  I would even say....remove the toilet paper & toilet brush for the picture.   The books/DVDs in the bedroom need to be removed.   Of course, all these alternations will be temporary for pictures.  Showing the house is a whole-nuther animal. 

Question:

Where is the storage for the bathrooms?  Is there a side closet which could be photographed? 

My mom uses the walk in that's in the master for linens because it is so big. The closet for the other bathroom you can see in the one picture is at the end of the hallway. 

From what hat I have seen online with pictures this is very decluttered. I can't believe some pictures people put up. We may not even use these. Once we are done painting they might end up retaking them. 

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday  When DH and I were house shopping long distance, we studied the photos sellers chose to show their homes, and eliminated most of them just based on unintentional clues we found in the shots. Your photos represent your house well.  It looks clean, and that is huge in online house shopping.  Not just for show, it implies a careful homeowner, one who probably is attentive to overall home maintenance.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@ccassaday  When DH and I were house shopping long distance, we studied the photos sellers chose to show their homes, and eliminated most of them just based on unintentional clues we found in the shots. Your photos represent your house well.  It looks clean, and that is huge in online house shopping.  Not just for show, it implies a careful homeowner, one who probably is attentive to overall home maintenance.

Funny you mention that. Our dog got sick one night. There is a stain on the carpet in the hallway. It did not come out when we had them cleaned last week. I edited they photo with the hallway to make sure that stain wasnt showing in the photo. It's not very visible but you could see it.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@ccassaday

Question:

My mom uses the walk in that's in the master for linens because it is so big. The closet for the other bathroom you can see in the one picture is at the end of the hallway. 

From what hat I have seen online with pictures this is very decluttered. I can't believe some pictures people put up. We may not even use these. Once we are done painting they might end up retaking them. 

If you can quickly sell your home for the price you want, any suggestion we give is all without point.  But if it has been sitting on the market for awhile, there are many different ways to improve the online pictures.  If you Google, 'how to make rooms look larger for showing', there are a zillion suggestions. Even though 'staging' is important, the less 'stuff' one has, the better.  Just even the way you take a picture makes a difference...as far back as possible, above eye-line.   

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday  One picture item that caused us to disqualify homes to go see was  the presence of animals in the house.  Mind you, we had pets of our own at the time, but when it comes to animals, you just don't know the cleanliness of the home owner.  I'd advise you to make sure no hint, i.e., dishes, toys, litter boxes, of animals are included in your next set of photos.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@ccassaday  One picture item that caused us to disqualify homes to go see was  the presence of animals in the house.  Mind you, we had pets of our own at the time, but when it comes to animals, you just don't know the cleanliness of the home owner.  I'd advise you to make sure no hint, i.e., dishes, toys, litter boxes, of animals are included in your next set of photos.

Yep. My sister has reminded us of that. Take her food bowls and everything out when we leave for a showing. When her and her husband were selling their last house she forgot to put the dog leash away. The first thing someone said after seeing the leash was the house smelled like a dog. Safe to say they didn't buy the house. We already packed her treat jar away and took her dog bed out. We will have to grab her food bowls and toy basket when we leave for a showing.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@ccassaday

Question:

@sidsmom  @ccassaday

Compared to photos I have seen on some real estate websites these photos are rather sterile.  For example, I've seen pictures of unwashed dishes piled in the sink and on the countertop, so many appliances you couldn't see the countertop, lots of clothes thrown on the floor or piled on the bed, bathroom lav piled with all kinds of supplies and equipment, living rooms cluttered to the hilt, etc.  On the other hand I've seen homes where the residents apparently moved and did not stage the house at all.  All the rooms were devoid of staging and you couldn't tell which room was what (except kitchen and bath).  So I stand by my original comments.  This room looks great considering many I've seen.

Of course, she should remove some items (i.e., stuffed animals to name one).  The closet should be arranged to show just a few items (tops, slacks, shorts, etc.) rather than removing everything.  However, removing the toilet paper is a bit much.  JMO, of course.

Question:  Are you or were you a real estate agent?

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~