Honored Contributor

Will I get sent to the dungeon for this?

She has a nice channel.  She is one who loves the modernish Scandi and Japandi decor, but this is her home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQAExRcxEio&t=80s

I just wonder if anyone else other than me is as tired of that Restoration Hardware style as can be.  I tired quickly of the whitewashed furniture look and this is tiring as quickly, or even more so.

Honored Contributor

Re: Will I get sent to the dungeon for this?

@Nonametoday    No whipping this time but I'm not impressed with the house.  It looks like a million others done in burlap-looking fabric and drab neutrals.  No originality there. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It might be calming for some but to me it's just boring....a nice large room with very bland and all neutral furnishings. 

I'm also over the huge with front tuck top she is wearing.

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

It might be calming for some but to me it's just boring....a nice large room with very bland and all neutral furnishings. 

I'm also over the huge with front tuck top she is wearing.

I love the house, but it needs splashes of color.

I like and do the half tuck, but not with my husband's shirt.  This looks terrible......too big.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

It's ok but way too bland & neutral for me. I need more color. I don't like those tall ceilings with the wooden arches. I like the wood beams and some of the furnishings. 

Honored Contributor

I love the house.  Not everything, but in general.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a fan of the Restoration Hardware look -- too heavy, cold, and impersonal for me -- but I do think she succeeded in using it here to let the large windows, high ceilings, brick, stone, and wood take center stage,  The effect would have been a bit softer and homier had she bullnose-edged the walls, but that's not what she was going for. Though she's obviously talented, her presentation would've been more informative had her vocabulary extended beyond "cool," "so cool," "very cool," and "really cool."  I'm even more tired of that distracting verbal crutch than I am of RH style.

Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

I'm not a fan of the Restoration Hardware look -- too heavy, cold, and impersonal for me -- but I do think she succeeded in usng it here to let the large windows, high ceilings, brick, stone, and wood take center stage,  The effect would have been a bit softer and homier had she bullnose-edged the walls, but that's not what she was going for. Though she's obviously talented, her presentation would've been more informative had her vocabulary extended beyond "cool," "so cool," "very cool," and "really cool."  I'm even more tired of that distracting verbal crutch than I am of RH style.

@vsm 

Agree on all points, including the verbal skills (or lack thereof).

Esteemed Contributor

Boring. Lacks personal style.

That said, she seems boring, too. "I went to RH and PB and this is what I picked out".......

Valued Contributor

Smiley FrustratedHE NEEDS NEW JEANS mileyhappy: