Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why doesn't anyone like the Scott Brothers?

I've seen 3 of their shows on HGTV and don't watch when they're on the Q.  One especially comes across as rude, although it's pretty obvious they think the rudeness is a form of humor.  Shows came across like that old saying if you've seen one you've seen them all. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think they are talented and ambitious guys. I especially like watching how they interact as twins. I also notice they seem to be good with children and dogs so that gives them a big plus in my eyes.

DH and I watched them for a long time on HGTV but as with all those shows...... it gets to be same same after awhile.  Right now we are hooked on Home Town with Erin and Ben Napier and a couple of other new shows.

Honored Contributor

I like them and have watched the HGTV shows as well as here on the Q.  The items they have had on here I dont need or does not strike my fancy.

You have been on here long enough to know about the negativity for any vendors or hosts.  Not everyone appeals to everybody.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

It's not that I don't like them---but more because--they are everywhere. Not a fan of turning on many channels to see them doing the very same thing only under a different show title. Just plain overkill.

Respected Contributor

Im re-disovering "Sell this House" on the DABL channel with Roger Hazzard and Tanya Memme.   The concept is they makeover and stage homes that have had diffiulty selling and give them a modest makeover, with a budget usually under $500.  I feel that the show is more authentic than the Scott Brothers shows.  I have no interest or funds to do a major remodel but Roger's ideas usually involve paint, fabric, decluttering and moving existing furniture around to make the home more appealing.  I love hearing the "before and after" comments of the open house guests.