Honored Contributor

Why doesn't anyone like the Scott Brothers?

[ Edited ]

Every time I read a new thread on HGTV negative comments pop up about the Scott brothers.  I still enjoy their shows immensely.  I don't buy products just because their name is on them, but I did buy some towels and washcloths QVC had at a good price and the quality was good.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why doesn't anyone like the Scott Brothers?

Attitude ?

Esteemed Contributor

Overexposure.

As for their shows- too scripted and predictable. They all look the same. Certainly not their fault. 

I also bought their Hygrocotton towels. Not as good as the line Nate Berkus did years ago for HSN, which I am still using,  but still a good value at the LTS price I paid.

Honored Contributor

@depglass . I like them! They seem very nice, and I like a lot of their designs...They may be a bit overexposed and that could be the reason people are tired of them.

Respected Contributor

@depglass   I like them and don't have any issues at all with them.  I like to watch their presentations and also watch some of their shows.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

I like them as people. Fun and charming. I don't like their taste. Overexposure can be a downside, Paula Deen, Martha Stewart, Pioneer Women, Rachel Ray and Chip and Joanna have all gone the same route of being everywhere all the time.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor

They just don't seem genuine to me. They come across as actors who are trying multiple venues to get noticed.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have anything against them personally.  I just find them both extremely boring with a dry, dull monotone voice.  I don't think they have any chemistry.....with each other or with the camera/viewing audience.  Honestly, it's like watching paint dry.  I couldn't tell you if I like their design style as I've never watched but 2 or 3 episodes when they had their first show.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I enjoy them, although they do sometimes act a little silly.

Super Contributor

Guy Fieri on Food Network (or as i call it, "The Guy Fieri Channel" can be added to your list. Enough!!! I prefer to learn how too cook food rather than visiting restaurants or competitions all the time!  Also prefer more how to shows on HGTV tha buying, reovating and selling homes. Most ideas are great, but not in depth enough to tell you how.