Honored Contributor

Re: Why do bathroom vanities cost so much?!!

I'm thinking that bathroom vanities are the end tables of the bathroom; you need them so let's charge 3 times the price of them because...YOU NEED THEM (just like end tables in the bedroom, living room, family room).

Bleh.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam

Did you check out Cabinet Discounters?

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I'm thinking that bathroom vanities are the end tables of the bathroom; you need them so let's charge 3 times the price of them because...YOU NEED THEM (just like end tables in the bedroom, living room, family room).

Bleh.

You don't NEED one.

Now you see why some remodels only use a pedestal sink, rather than a full vanity.

Esteemed Contributor

Google Costco vanities. We replaced two of our original ones with ones from Costco. Not cheap but not pressed boards either. 

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee, I had my husband do that exact thing when we moved into this house and began remodeling it. I showed him a picture of what I wanted, I had the extra really old dresser. It turned out great.

That was nearly 20 years ago and I now want a new one, the price for what I want is what is stopping me. 

My plan is that in 2019 I will get it, along with new toilet and flooring. Maybe, lol.

Mine is not an emergency situation, but I agree, this is bad timing to have this happen.

"To each their own, in all things".
Regular Contributor

Is it up against the wall on the sides? If so you may be able to find a scratch or dented one at the big box stores. We got a large wall cabinet for over our washer at Lowes for only $49 because one side was totaled. Fine with us as it was going up against the wall on that side anyway. A much nicer cabinet than we could have afforded if it wasn't damaged.

Honored Contributor

Feel free to vent.  There's nothing worse than the planning, process and expense of a big home job.  And no better feeling than the result!  

Honored Contributor

I needed a specific style in white (shuttered doors) to match linen closet and another cabinet for my master bath. It was close to $1800 and that didn't include sinks or countertop. But it was beautiful and exactly what I wanted. Workers carefully removed it from it's crate (very well packaged) sent me pics, got the thumbs up from me to install it. Imagine my horror when I finally see it. It's cream colored. I still love it but it needs to be painted! I'm dreading this!!!
Honored Contributor

When it's not planned, it's a whole other circle of hell.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 Ain't that the truth!!!