Respected Contributor

Re: Why do I think MacKenzie-Childs stuff is so cute?

The checked patterns are not my style but I do like some of the floral patterns. For me, aside from the prices, the problem is that it has to be hand washed. I'd buy a tea kettle but I'd raely use it and it wouldn't be on display - I keep a 2qt Le Creuset saucepan on the stove (because I use it so often) and there's no room for anything else.

Frequent Contributor

It took me a few years before I decided to buy anything from this line....LOL.  I bought the 3 qt black flower market tea kettle.  It is very pretty.  We are in the process of packing up our home for sale.......so......it will be a little while before I will be using this item.    .  

Honored Contributor

I don't have any but if I did, it would make me smile every time I looked at it.

Honored Contributor

It is adorably cute, but I'm not willing to pay that much for it. 

Honored Contributor

I purchased a tea pot, canister and cups in a special edition "Aurora" but they no longer have that pattern.  Just as well:

473-630- MacKenzie-Childs Limited Edition Aurora 2 qt Handmade Tea Kettle

Respected Contributor

@hopi   I agree and think their items are simply adorable. The black and white checked things are my favorites. 

Honored Contributor

I love it.  I enjoy just looking at.  My kitchen/dining area are red/white/black so I could work some of the black & white  check pieces in for a fabulous look.  But it's just to expensive for me.  It's odd that they haven't even marked down the Christmas items.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I love it.  I enjoy just looking at.  My kitchen/dining area are red/white/black so I could work some of the black & white  check pieces in for a fabulous look.  But it's just to expensive for me.  It's odd that they haven't even marked down the Christmas items.

I get their catalog - I guess because I do some shopping at ShopHQ - and I have noticed holiday items marked down right after the holiday. They almost sucked me in with the penguin cookie jar marked down 50%.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

some of it is very cute and some is pretty . i would not ever buy a thing due to the cost.  

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

To me that stuff looks like it came right off the set of the Alice in Wonderland movie.