Honored Contributor

Re: Why do I think MacKenzie-Childs stuff is so cute?

I didnt' realize how much I had until just now.

I have the black and white (harlequin?) checked kitchen curtains (cafe), a black and white checked vinyl mat at the kitchen sink.  At a back door I have a green striped cafe curtain.

I actually have 6 of the vinyl mats at door entrances at both of my homes.  You can wipe them down easily with clorox wipes or soapy paper towels.  Like that so much better than a rug you have to wash when dirty.

I have a cookie jar in the white (it's ivory, actually) flower market, an enamel (fruit) bowl in flower market, 4 tea towels, had an umbrella, but gave it to my oldest granddaughter, 2 aprons, one large butterfly wall hanging and 3 of the small butterflies.

I'm sure I missing something(s), but am not at either home right now to do a visual...lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Am I not understanding what metalware is?  Isn't it just metal?  I can't imagine eating/drinking from that stuff.  Some of it is cute, but It is way over priced for metal IMO.

Valued Contributor

Besides the price I have never really been interested in it.  I like to have glazed ceramics for the kitchen that can pull double duty in the oven, microwave etc.   You can't put metal in the microwave.  Don't think I would like drinking from a metal mug either compared to ceramic, stoneware, porcelain etc.

Super Contributor

Now thai I saw the picture of the tea pot I can say I love it!

Trusted Contributor

I'm with you, @hopi .  Cute stuff but way overpriced in my opinion.  Not buying.

Respected Contributor

I have given into the temptation and really enjoy my colorful and practical pieces!

Honored Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

Besides the price I have never really been interested in it.  I like to have glazed ceramics for the kitchen that can pull double duty in the oven, microwave etc.   You can't put metal in the microwave.  Don't think I would like drinking from a metal mug either compared to ceramic, stoneware, porcelain etc.

I agree---no eating or drinking from enamel wares for me!

As stated, mine is a rather large bowl that I use for either fruit or vegetables (tomatoes, garlic, avos, etc).  It is the same pattern as the cookie jar lid so they compliment each other nicely on the counter.

All my dishware/bakeware is Fiesta so no enamel (or lead!) for us to injest here.

And I don't own a microwave, never will.

Honored Contributor

I love MacKenzie-Childs.  I don't think they ever show their ceramic pieces on ShopHQ, only the enamelware.  They started with ceramic dishes and other pieces and still sell them.

I have quite a few pieces of MacKenzie-Childs.  They were all very welcome gifts.  I haven't bought any of it myself.  I have the white Flower Market teapot and a box with the Flower Market pattern for my kitchen.  I have the Parchment Check canister set, a Parchment Check outside thermometer, a beautiful bird tassel, a bird piece for my porch, and several other things.  I even had an iPhone case from MacKenzie-Childs when I had my iPhone 5.  I have a few other pieces, too.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau