Respected Contributor

Re: Why are we waking up to cleaning supplies every morning?

Too funny.  The last thing I am thinking about in the morning while drinking my coffee is cleaning and cleaning products... 

Anyhow - did HEB, Target, Home Depot or Amazon stop selling cleaning products? I mean seriously... do we need to see demonstrations on how to clean ... I surely hope not.

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  Too bad about your Oreck.  I have to watch out for those things in my house too (my cat drags everything around).  He loves to play with rubber bands........they definitely aren't so great when they get into those brush rollers on my Shark!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Mominohio  I do like seeing the product demos on TV.  I admit I'm much more likely to buy than just seeing an item on the shelf in the store.

Since you are also in Ohio and you like cleaning, maybe you wouldn't mind driving up to my place in Mentor and doing your magic some day while I'm at work???   Cat LOL

@2blonde

THis may sound weird, but I love to clean other people's houses! I used to have a side business in addition to my full time job, cleaning offices. My mom had her own cleaning business for a few years, doing homes of friends and acquaintances up in the Lorain area too!

The guy I dated in high school came from a family of 7 kids, with a widowed mother working full time. I used to go over and clean for her while she was at work, just because I thought it was fun!

Honestly if my knees were a little better, I think my mom and I would have a cleaning business right now, we both enjoy seeing the results of the process. 

And any reason to get up near the lake works for me!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@2blonde

I asked @Mominohio 1st so when she gets done here I'll send her over😉😉😉  lol!

I have to admit after reading her posts on cleaning, organizing, etc. I got moving...and believe it or not...beside being a kitchen junkie for gadgets & (products) I'm a junkie for trying new cleaning products!!!  

Today, I'm heading out to buy a new vacumn (nothing expensive) my Oreck bought many moons ago from Q bit the dust (actually I ran over a cat toy and I didn't know - got stuck in the motor housing and destroyed it)🙁

I was always so happy with our Orecks, but lately, I'm thinking the one we have now just isn't getting up the animal hair like it needs to. 

I really need to do my research, because a lot of what I'm seeing on Q for sweepers (that's what we call a vacuum!!lol) appears to be designed for hard floors. 

I don't vacuum our hard floors, and I need something that will get down deep into the carpets and get up that pet hair. 

I am not looking forward to the process of deciding either.

@homedecor1

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You seem so bothered by this that I think you have something bigger to worry about. I never even consider the TIME of day something is being presented...ever.  Also, there is more than one time zone watching and other people with ALL kinds of schedules...working folk, retired folk, folks up with babies, bored folk and people looking for stuff other than clothes. Relax.

Honored Contributor

This thread made me lol. I don't turn QVC on first thing every morning. Actually I don't even watch it at all anymore. So the thought of people flipping on a shopping channel every single morning and being upset at what they are offering makes me giggle.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@Mominohio  I do like seeing the product demos on TV.  I admit I'm much more likely to buy than just seeing an item on the shelf in the store.

Since you are also in Ohio and you like cleaning, maybe you wouldn't mind driving up to my place in Mentor and doing your magic some day while I'm at work???   Cat LOL

@2blonde

THis may sound weird, but I love to clean other people's houses! I used to have a side business in addition to my full time job, cleaning offices. My mom had her own cleaning business for a few years, doing homes of friends and acquaintances up in the Lorain area too!

The guy I dated in high school came from a family of 7 kids, with a widowed mother working full time. I used to go over and clean for her while she was at work, just because I thought it was fun!

Honestly if my knees were a little better, I think my mom and I would have a cleaning business right now, we both enjoy seeing the results of the process. 

And any reason to get up near the lake works for me!

@Mominohio That's wonderful!  I also like seeing the results of the cleaning........I just don't care for the process that preceeds it!  I wasn't always like that, but I'm missing 1-1/2 tendons in my right shoulder, and have sacroiliac issues, so pushing a vacuum is a big deal for me.  I can jog 5 miles with no problem, though!

You know, I'm only about 2-3 miles from the lake, and my condos also have a large pool that was totally rebuilt last summer.  I'm just sayin'......

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Don Aslett's toilet bowl cleaning system is one of the most useful things I've ever bought from QVC.  I just happened to be watching one time when that was on and ordered it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I live in Ohio too....she can swing by my place too....LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Haha - I like the shows that feature cleaning supplies.  I'm always looking for things to make cleaning easier.