Super Contributor

Re: Who started decorating for Fall & what are your decorating plans ?

Sorry, wanted to reply to each comment , but under the weather for now . Will be back ASAP ! Take care & can't wait to read all your ideas Smiley Happy !!!
Trusted Contributor

The weather on Long Island this summer has been unusually cool too. However, this week we are hotter than we've been all summer. The humidity is wayyyy up too!

Either way, I'm going to decorate my home for fall this weekend. I always do it Labor Day Weekend, regardless of weather. Everyone around here heads back to school next week. And, back-to-school means fall is coming. I'm always ready for leaves, apples, pumpkins, and scarecrows this time of year.

I haven't purchased anything new this year, but I have three large bins filled with fall décor. It's always too much to put out at once, so I rotate the items year after year. It's like opening brand new stuff every fall!

I have my tried and true pieces that come out every year though. I have a pinecone wreath from BL. I have a beautiful fall wreath that I made two years ago. I also LOVE my tiffany inspired pumpkin that I got from here a while back. And, I can't forget my fall candles and accessories. I have a few pieces from Yankee Candle that are just beautiful for fall.

Can't wait!

Super Contributor

On 8/27/2014 Grade1Teach said:

The weather on Long Island this summer has been unusually cool too. However, this week we are hotter than we've been all summer. The humidity is wayyyy up too!

Either way, I'm going to decorate my home for fall this weekend. I always do it Labor Day Weekend, regardless of weather. Everyone around here heads back to school next week. And, back-to-school means fall is coming. I'm always ready for leaves, apples, pumpkins, and scarecrows this time of year.

I haven't purchased anything new this year, but I have three large bins filled with fall décor. It's always too much to put out at once, so I rotate the items year after year. It's like opening brand new stuff every fall!

I have my tried and true pieces that come out every year though. I have a pinecone wreath from BL. I have a beautiful fall wreath that I made two years ago. I also LOVE my tiffany inspired pumpkin that I got from here a while back. And, I can't forget my fall candles and accessories. I have a few pieces from Yankee Candle that are just beautiful for fall.

Can't wait!

Your schools are just starting?? Wow - ours have been in session since July. All the HS sports teams have had several games/matches already!

Honored Contributor

On 8/25/2014 Nancy Drew said:

I live in So Cal so for the month of Sept. since it is still summer until the 21st. I do sunflowers everywhere. I feel it bridges the gap from summer to fall nicely. I do all my fall decorating Oct 1st. If I do fall too early I get tired of it then put out x-mas then I get tired of that so I stick to the seasons and not go too early.

Sunflowers are a GREAT idea!

I have an ivy wreath on my front door now and don't put out my maple leaf wreath until the colors change on the two Japanese maples flanking my front door.

I'm going to look for a sunflower wreath today!

Respected Contributor

I'll start my Fall decorating next week.

Super Contributor

August and Sept. are the months that I do sunflowers, cattails, etc. in my dh's grave vases, and around the house, too. Have tried to grow various types of sunflowers to no avail. This year was the 'best' - I got one OK one and one straggly one, both are spent and I'm cutting the down today.

One year I did get a dwarf sunflower plant from the local FFA boys at the HS. Planted by the mailbox, looked great, but sadly it bloomed too early and was done by Labor Day.

Honored Contributor

Hi JamaicaJammer,

Thanks for sharing all the pics!!! LOVE that 1st red chair with footrest {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Wish we had the room for it in our home. I told DH I would collect cans for the next couple of years to pay for it!

I was wondering what ceramic company makes the dinnerware/mugs from the 1st pic you posted. LOVE those bowls and mugs!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm loving the tall white lantern in the 3rd picture. I'd sure love to go through that store. I'm sure I'd spend over my budget in a hurry. Thanks for posting the pictures, JamicaJamm­er, I really enjoyed seeing them.

Super Contributor

Omg ! I've got to read all your interesting comments later today ! Thanks for participating , everyone ! JJ , I'll have to tell you all , a story about how I found very similar chairs like the one you shared ( with footstool ) later today . It was one of those lucky finds /breaks in life , when we find treasures like that .......exactly what we were searching for . Ok, ttyl ! Have a good morning everyone ! Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Hi all , yesterday I received a set of candles I'd ordered here , called " The Cheerful Giver " . It's a set of two 34 ounce Papa jar candles & they smell so good ! One is a " praline caramel " scent & the other is a " sugar cookie " if I remember correctly . The price for the size , was better than Yankee , which is the usual brand I buy . I also have lots of Slatkin from a few years ago . They're down to only candle warmer size now tho . .......anyway , wanted to share that in case anyone is looking for a pretty good price IMO , plus candle scents which are all about indoor /colder weather months coming up soon ( here in the north anyway ) .