Honored Contributor

Re: Who started decorating for Fall & what are your decorating plans ?

Here at camp i will simply change out my small flag to something fall themed and I have some paper decorations to hang in the windows but it is a camp so I don't do much. When we get home to Fl. in mid Oct. I have a few things I put out for fall.

Valued Contributor

Hi Blueskies! Thanks so much for this nice fall thread. I do much less decorating than I used to, but still love it just as much. We're in the Northeast too, and it's felt like fall here for nearly two months already. Our home is in the mountains, and it's usually cooler here anyway, but this year the leaves have been turning for a few weeks now! I love fall so much, but can't stand to think about winter being nearly as bad as the last one..... sigh............

I decorate in the living room, family room, and kitchen, and especially look forward to decorating the fireplace mantle. We have a small electric fireplace as well, and that's another place I enjoy decorating. I have a few floral arrangements, a good supply of various pumpkins and leaves to work with. I'd like to do things a little differently this year, so I'm looking forward to getting started. Decorating will start here soon. If I can get out one day to shop, it would be nice to find one or two new things this year. Should nothing catch my eye, it's not a problem. We have plenty.

Have a great time decorating everyone! I can't post pictures, but love to see any that are posted. Less than a month to go until it's officially fall! Post away! pinky

Honored Contributor

It's been a cool summer in the midwest. It's felt like fall for weeks. I put my fall wreath on the front door, changed a few candles/pedestals and left out the pumpkins I bought a couple weeks ago. I have a couple more pumpkins to put out and that will do it.
Esteemed Contributor

I live in So Cal so for the month of Sept. since it is still summer until the 21st. I do sunflowers everywhere. I feel it bridges the gap from summer to fall nicely. I do all my fall decorating Oct 1st. If I do fall too early I get tired of it then put out x-mas then I get tired of that so I stick to the seasons and not go too early.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I've just put a few owl things out so far and am working my way up to the pumpkins. I want to do something quite different but haven't quite figured it out yet.

Honored Contributor

I purchased a beautiful fall wreath for my front door last year. I will get it out of storage this week, tweak it a little by adding a few minor changes, and hang it on the front door this weekend so it's up by Labor Day.

We just had our back patio rebuilt and I've made a new fall wreath to hang there. I also have a few other decorative items to put in place. As soon as the pumpkins are available I'll add a few of those to our patio and the front porch.

I have fall décor stored in my basement closet and will be checking it out and selecting fall items for inside our home décor. I already have my fall floral arrangement on the sofa table but must add items to the coffee table, entertainment center and antique china cabinet too. Then there's the dining room and kitchen.

Last week I bought a unique wine rack (wrought iron with wood and wicker) at a local retail store. However, when I got it home I discovered it was too tall for where I wanted to place it. So, I repurposed it and placed my tea towels on all four sections and it's really cute. Perhaps I'll think about using it for some fall décor in my kitchen.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Super Contributor

The shop is just a privately owned mom 'n pop store in Greenwood, Indiana called TAKE ROOT COUNTRY STORE. A young couple bought the beautiful old home and completely redid it just in time for the big recession to hit. They've even posted on their Facebook page that they're financially struggling so if anyone can shop there, please do! I admire them, as he's very artistic and builds/refinished some items, too. They have a smaller bldg in the back of the lot (former garage, maybe?) that is really primitive primitives, lots of tea stained items, etc. for those who like that look as well.

I really love going there......even on my very tight budget, just getting new ideas is worth the $15 round trip in gas for me!

They're selling off their upholstered items, even, at a HUGE savings. Still too much $$ for me right now, but here's some:

This Johnston Benchworks chair and a half with stool is on SALE for $800.40 durning our Birthday SALEbration. That's $1200 off the original price!!!! SALE ends Sunday. We are open today 10-6 and Sunday 12-5

If you have ever wanted to own a piece of Johnston Benchworks furniture now is the perfect time! Take an extra 10% off our lowest clearance price!
This Country Chippendale Sofa
Was originally $2208
50% off clearance price$1104
Extra 10% off price $990
Wow!! That's a savings of $1218
Open today 10-6 and Sunday 12-5
See y'all soon!!

Take an extra 10% off Johnston Benckworks floor displays.
Bucks County Wing Chair
Original price $1733
Clearance price $866.50

New clearance price-
Extra 10% off $779.85
Savings= $953.15.

Super Contributor

For anyone closer to FRANKFORT, INDIANA, there's a similar but much smaller shop called OVER THE BACK FENCE that has cute stuff like this also. Both shops have Facebook pages.

Honored Contributor

I like those kinds of shops that JJ mentioned in the last post. It's hard to go in and say "just looking" when you know they need the business. If I were truly wealthy, I'd like to redecorate every couple of years, but I'm not. My fall decorations are quite old but still look nice.

Super Contributor

I've been putting our house back to normal after having our son and his family here for 8 months. Now I'm ready to start fall decorating. Can't wait. Since last year, I got some of the VPH mercury glass pumpkins/gourds and of course the amber spheres. I can't wait to incorporate them into my other fall décor. I'll post pics next week.