Honored Contributor

Who sold those folding clothes racks?

I remember someone selling racks for hanging clothes. Not necessarily for wet laundry (as in a drying rack), but I guess that could work.

They were lower to the ground, which is what is needed, as opposed to something up high (like for maxi dresses).

Something low that could accomadate shirts and pants that were folded over.

Thanks for anyone's help!
Honored Contributor

Re: Who sold those folding clothes racks?

IMO those racks are poorly designed.  They are very unstable, especially if used outside where the slightest breeze will blow them over.  When they fall over, it breaks the little struts on the base and they will no longer stand up.  I've been through 3 of these racks.  Cheaply made; won't buy again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I've never needed a low one but just Google and there's a ton of them for sale.  Some are heavier - like commercial use - - and then the little wood ones that (as stated) are not extremely stable unless you want it for inside the tub to drip dry 'danties'........and shirts.  I have one in my laundry area that's about 4 feet high - plastic coated bars so no rust.  Happy Shopping!

Honored Contributor

This is the rack to which I referred.  I've had them with and without the top rack.  They're all unstable and will fall over breaking those little plastic pieces at the bottom that look like a +.  They've gone up about $10. In price too.

Screenshot_20180727-191612.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the replies!

This would be needed to hang a couple of shirts and maybe a couple of pairs of pants. Not for outside use.

Would be used in an upstairs where the ceilings are slanted...thus can't be too high.

I thought a woman used to sell something that she would hang shirts and folded over pants on.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kachina I think that's what she sold.

Esteemed Contributor

That looks unstable even in a box!   LOL  Never had one of those - mine about yard stick wide - 4 feet or little less high -rubber  feet on all four corners - 3 double layers of bars = =     6 total bars.  Very stable - found it on Google 30 years ago .........and it's still 'working'.  

Honored Contributor

I had one similar to this years ago and I think I ordered it here.  I am sorry I do not remember for sure.  I had it for years and years and the one I had was actually pretty sturdy.  It finally broke one day but that was my fault as I overloaded it!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm  The one I got is V35324.  I really like it.  I don't use it for outdoors, just in the winter when I can't hang outside.

Respected Contributor

Not exactly a folding clothes rack, but you can hand stuff on the middle too rod as well as the front and back edge of the top rack.

Extending from the middle top rod are pull out rods.

Storage on the bottom rack.  It rolls easily.

When I roll it outside to air dry clothing, I learned the hard way to put a brick on the bottom or it can sail away or over!

Found it at BedBath& Beyond a few years ago.  Other designs available.  Ran approx. $25 then.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill